Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Panzer Collar Tab Collection

Article about: -- I recently purchased a couple shadow boxes from the local craft shop to display my collar tabs. Right now I've got them crudely affixed and figuring out a better way to align them and sti

Default My Panzer Collar Tab Collection

-- I recently purchased a couple shadow boxes from the local craft shop to display my collar tabs. Right now I've got them crudely affixed and figuring out a better way to align them and stick them. I just need one more set to complete this display. Love these things (collar tabs)!

My Panzer Collar Tab CollectionMy Panzer Collar Tab CollectionMy Panzer Collar Tab CollectionMy Panzer Collar Tab Collection
    Last edited by Mediumtall; 08-20-2019 at 05:37 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Panzer Collar Tab Collection
    P
    Many

wow! What a collar tabs collection! It's great! Thanks for sharing.

CBH
    ?

I wouldn't suggest pinning these beautiful tabs with stick pins, not only will it leave holes but also may rust and bleed into the fabric.

Quote by CBH View Post
    I wouldn't suggest pinning these beautiful tabs with stick pins, not only will it leave holes but also may rust and bleed into the fabric.
    -- Good point CBH. I never thought of the rusting/bleeding angle. I'm unhappy with the pinning and have been considering perhaps Velcro or two-sided tape? Suggestions?

Quote by Mediumtall View Post
    -- Good point CBH. I never thought of the rusting/bleeding angle. I'm unhappy with the pinning and have been considering perhaps Velcro or two-sided tape? Suggestions?
    Apply another layer of foam to fill the space, (possibly another layer of backing material), and use the pressure against the glass to hold them in place.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Apply another layer of foam to fill the space, (possibly another layer of backing material), and use the pressure against the glass to hold them in place.
    Ralph.
    That's how it's done !!
    D.

Beautiful!

?

Beautiful collection ! Thanks for posting

TWS
    ?

Ralph.
    +1 that's what I do or I just display stuff lying down. The stick pins made me flinch when I saw them.

Super nice and impressive assortment of Pz. tabs!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Ralph.
    -- Brilliant idea. Thanks! I'll visit the local craft store and see if I can purchase some black foam of various thickness to do this. If they don't have it perhaps a local foam supplier will.

If I'm doing this correctly I believe the steps should be . . .

1. First I'll lay the back of the shadowbox down
    2. Then cut a piece of foam and lay it inside the box
    3. Next I'll lay the hard backing against the foam in step 2
    4. Then I'll cut another piece of foam and lay that against the hard backing in step 3
    5. Align my collar tabs on the piece of foam in step 4
    6. And then lastly, take the glass front of the shadowbox and press it down on what I just did and secure the two halves. If I did it correctly all the collar tabs should be snug against the glass and not move around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast