Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My small collection of pre-WW1 U.S. 1902-1912 officers caps

Article about: I think I've been able to put together a nice little collection so far. I've always found these hats to be very attractive despite seemingly not getting a whole lot of attention. I assume th

?

Post My small collection of pre-WW1 U.S. 1902-1912 officers caps

I think I've been able to put together a nice little collection so far. I've always found these hats to be very attractive despite seemingly not getting a whole lot of attention. I assume their rarity has a lot to do with that, but when they do come up for sale they aren't wildly expensive. The closet display needs work but is coming along nicely.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small collection of pre-WW1 U.S. 1902-1912 officers caps
    P
    Many

Neat hats, even though I know nothing about them.

In terms long term storage and display, you should't let the caps let rest entirely on their leather visor.
    Visor-cap peaks often becames misshapen, flattened, tear from stitches & becames squashed by weight of the whole cap itself.
    Super common mistake even in museums.
    Simple raised V elevation behind leather visor is good enough, taking the weight off from visor.

I also like your Tank models, and Dioramas. Pressured-air is easiest way to dust them off.

?

(@Verikauha) Thanks for the advice about storing the hats. I will definitely be getting some new stands very soon. In regard to cleaning the models, I just picked up a mini air compressor solely for the purpose of dedusting the tanks. A scale model business in eastern Pennsylvania closed down recently and I purchased a lot of their display inventory for extremely reasonable prices.