Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

My SS Wall

Article about: I have been collecting WWII militaria for one year now. Its a great way to bring history alive and in front of you. My first exposure to this time in our recent past was in college with a hi

Hi there!! I have a question that occured to me when I was admiring your lovely collection... Let's say you purchase an original black tie for your mannequin. And you have the pin that you show us on it. Do you make a hole on the tie for the pin? I would feel my heart breaking if I was to push that needle through the fabric of the tie...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SS Wall
    P
    Many

Great collection and one that has left me open mouthed,,,my question is how are the armbands attached to the background of the display box,, and can you please include me in your will

?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Hi there!! I have a question that occured to me when I was admiring your lovely collection... Let's say you purchase an original black tie for your mannequin. And you have the pin that you show us on it. Do you make a hole on the tie for the pin? I would feel my heart breaking if I was to push that needle through the fabric of the tie...

I would probably be fine with placing a pin on an original tie as long as it could be done without any significant damage. Once I set these up, I don't manipulate the display. The less handling of these things the better off they will remain. I do, on occasion, visually inspect for any insects or insect-related damage. I keep the room controlled as far as temperature and humidity to mitigate any rust or corrosion that may form where metal meets cloth or leather. All personal preference, I suppose, though I would not go any further than affixing a badge.

Thanks for you interest and comments.

CMH

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Great collection and one that has left me open mouthed,,,my question is how are the armbands attached to the background of the display box,, and can you please include me in your will
    Thanks for the compliment and your interest. The armbands are just held in by pressure. They do contact the glass, not the best practice from a conservation standpoint, but I control the humidity as best I can. I live in a fairly low-humidity climate.

Best,

CMH

?

Cool

What you need is a bit of insignia to go with your uniforms
    Sarge
    My SS Wall

JMM
    ?

Great collection and display.
    Thanks for sharing it

?

The latest configuration...

My SS WallMy SS WallMy SS Wall

To think it has been just slightly over 6 years since I began collecting! Time goes by quickly but I have enjoyed and learned so much from so many members here. My success in collecting is a direct result of the help and exchange of knowledge by people such as HPL2008 and FB. The failures, those are all my own doing.

CMH

?

The most recent addition is below:

My SS WallMy SS WallMy SS Wall

The original owner was a BIG man. His shoulders are about 44 to 46 (in U.S. Measurements) based upon how the tunic fits on the form. Additionally, the tunic has been "let out" a little (i.e. The buttons have been moved further towards the midline of the trunk). I would not have wanted to tangle with this racist superman and I am glad I am collecting his tunic rather than his descendants collecting my grandfather's.

You've got the makings of a fine looking company!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A truly inspiring collection you have amassed there, DrCMH. The framed illustrations make an nice compliment as well. Bravo!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast