Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

My SS Wall

Article about: I have been collecting WWII militaria for one year now. Its a great way to bring history alive and in front of you. My first exposure to this time in our recent past was in college with a hi

MAP
    ?

Not only is it an outstanding collection of items but it is presented so well.

Do you cover them at all to prevent dust build up?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SS Wall
    P
    Many

?

Amazing! That Luftschutz helmet is really feeling out numbered and ranked I bet

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    The latest configuration...

Attachment 956384Attachment 956385Attachment 956386

To think it has been just slightly over 6 years since I began collecting! Time goes by quickly but I have enjoyed and learned so much from so many members here. My success in collecting is a direct result of the help and exchange of knowledge by people such as HPL2008 and FB. The failures, those are all my own doing.

CMH
    Mein Gott! What an amazing collection and display! Well done. Bob

?

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    A truly inspiring collection you have amassed there, DrCMH. The framed illustrations make an nice compliment as well. Bravo!
    Thank you for the kind words, you have the eye for a pleasing display, as evidenced by your own. Your collection is coming along nicely as well. The Sta. 35 tunic is of a textile similar in weave and I must say I really like it, very much. I try not to get my greasy paws all over these things, however, the textile is quite soft and, well, nice. I keep comparing the feel to the other officer tunics I have. I think I prefer it to the "Extra" quality textile in feel, although, this higher grade is visually stunning. Keep up the good work with your collection and please continue with your fine photographs of same.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not only is it an outstanding collection of items but it is presented so well.

Do you cover them at all to prevent dust build up?
    I have covered them in the past but I have been leaving them open to circulated air and then vacuum them periodically following conservationists instructions (screens, low powered suction, and so on...) because the stable airflow allows pests, to remain undisturbed. I found some sort of little moth in the room but I am not sure just what type it was so this is how I now approach their display.

?

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Amazing! That Luftschutz helmet is really feeling out numbered and ranked I bet
    I bet it is! The steel helmets and bayonets were left to me by my uncle when he passed away last year. The Luftschutz was his favorite, one he got from a neighbor's son as a kid. Apparently the child's mother was so uneasy with the other cloth items (arm bands and such) that her husband brought back that she buried them in their yard.

?

A couple of photos I took of the Germania tunic and the silk top visor display named to an officer in III/SS-Rgt Germania, Erich Heinrich.

My SS Wall

My SS Wall

?

I wonder what happened to this man. Did he make it home? Was he tried for war crimes or did he meet his end in the East?

My SS Wall

Where did he leave his cap such that it survives this expanse of time?

?

Perhaps he spent his remaining days in East Germany. These items whisper to us, however, never quite loud enough to fully discern what they are saying.

?

DrCMH,

thanks for showing us this really great und unbelievable collection.
    I really love it....

harti

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast