Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My Third Reich Collection of Three Years

Article about: Hello all, As a young collector progress is slow so it’s not much for three years compared to others but there are some nice pieces. This is by no means my full collection as I’ve been colle

Default My Third Reich Collection of Three Years

Hello all, As a young collector progress is slow so it’s not much for three years compared to others but there are some nice pieces. This is by no means my full collection as I’ve been collecting for about 9 years starting around the age of six. I mostly just bought things that where green when I started but later grew my interest in German WW2 militaria. Please click the images for better quality. I also apologize for the lighting as it changes the colour of fabric in the images.

—I will post a collection update for each half of the year so feel free to look at the latest update.

Here it is,
    Bodhi

As best as I could do for pictures as I don’t have a war room yet.

Bandage, training rounds, lard container, Red Cross belt buckle, army belt and buckle, pre war flashlight, rifle cleaning kit, Frost bite prevention tins, and cigarette paper.

Political and regular type canteens, ammo punch with training rounds and a mess kit.

Kreigsmarine Binoculars rough condition, Wehrmacht mittens and a bread bag.

Unmarked long fireman’s dress bayonet and K98k bayonet all matching even the frog, marked to JWH dated 42.

One of my favourite items, double barrel fare pistol marked, 1942 fzs

German WW2 pictures I took closeups of my favourites.

These are my medals, I won’t list them all as I’m sure most if not all of you know what these are, The 40 year civil service medal, Africa campaign Medal and Atlantic wall Medal have repo ribbons(currently looking for replacements.).

Paper flag, anti nazi postcard, tags for wounded or dead, Coins, tinnie’s, and a NSLB book brought back by British soldier from Wentworth barracks in Salzuflen Reg Bez Minden

Three plates, Heer Plate, Luftwaffe plate, and RAD plate.
    Last edited by BodhiEtheridge; 01-02-2021 at 07:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Third Reich Collection of Three Years
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A very nice and diversified collection. Well done, 3 years or 30 years.

I've been collecting a long time and still haven't picked up a Italo-German Campaign Medal in Africa LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Great collection Bodhi! I started collecting when I was about 12 myself and the first bayonet I ever bought was a Fireman's dress bayonet like yours - but not is as nice of shape. I gave $7 for it and I still have it because I can't let go of my first.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I've been collecting a long time and still haven't picked up a Italo-German Campaign Medal in Africa LoL
    I had one and misplaced it! I was on leave and in a temporary living situation and it went missing through the move.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

A very good start for your age, and years of collecting.
    I like the black wound badge in cloth, I wouldn't hesitate to add one to my collection.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks you all for the positive responses, I have forgot to add this item as well, it’s a pre war beer bottle not to sure exactly what it is but I think its to to with the pre Lufftwaffe period of aviation but an interesting piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Third Reich Collection of Three Years  

Bodhi,

I think you have an outstanding collection for 15ish. I’ve been collecting about that long and you have many things that I have eyed but not yet been able to pull the trigger on! You have some really nice stuff. And if this is this is what you’ve accumulated over three years I sure look forward to you showing us the rest!!

MAP
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Thanks you all for the positive responses, I have forgot to add this item as well, it’s a pre war beer bottle not to sure exactly what it is but I think its to to with the pre Lufftwaffe period of aviation but an interesting piece.
    Neat looking piece of kitsch but I think it may be a fantasy item (happy to stand corrected)...but it still is nice for display

These were sold by IMA and Spandau Militaria That pretty much says it all

(Edit -IMA link isn't working for some reason).

Original German Pre-WWII Air Sports Association Flip-Top Beer Bottle - Deutschen Luftsport-Derbandes – International Military Antiques
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very impressive collection you have gathered. As you get older I am sure you will be able to obtain additional items . You have some items that I need find for my collection..well done and I look forward to seeing your collection as well as your knowledge grow..

Smitty

MAP,
    The bottle being a fantasy item would make sense, I don’t want it to be, but I wouldn’t be surprised. When I bought it from IMA they said it was found in a basement. But as I had more interaction with the people at IMA i finally just stopped buying from them as they don’t seem very trustworthy. Thanks for telling me though as I try my hardest to keep anything fake or post war tampered with, out of my collection.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast