Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Tiny Collection :)

Article about: Very nice collection ! Keep it up ! You will be surprised how fast a collection can grow ! Kind regards Alex

Default My Tiny Collection :)

Hey guys,

So, I thought I would share my collection. Before you scroll down, let me warn you, its really only a couple pieces. One day I hope it will be like some of your guys's and girls collections! I'm 15, and I buy what I can with the money I have to spend. My mom took the camera to a "prince" concert the other day, and I have no idea where it went, so I am forced to use my laptop camera, so the pictures kinda suck. Ill get better ones soon!

First up, is my P1907 wild tiger corps enfield bayonet, purchased by Siam in the 1920's I believe? Its got a little tiger face on it, and some siamese numbers. I found this one at a surplus store. I bought it since I also have a siamese rifle to go with it! The rifle is easier to take pics with a real camera, so more of that later.

My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)

Next is another p1907, but this is 1918 dated and is Wilkinson mfg. Nothing special, but I like it.

My Tiny Collection :)

I also have this Bavarian Belt. I would probably say this is my favourite piece. It has the markings 2TB over 1900 on the leather, and some guys on the forum helped me id it as the second bavarian train battalion, date 1900. The buckle itself still has some nice green paint on it, and the tab is marked 1916 wurzberg. The cartridge loops are assumed to be a postwar add on.

My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)

Next is a ww1 german ersatz bayonet. I found this one at a local antique store (same as the siam 1907) for $30. Nothing amazing, but I like it. Does anyone know what the markings mean?

My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)

The last piece I will show is this pin my uncle gave me a few years ago. I think it is for a german veteran association. I think it might be fake though, Since all the ones I have seen have a differed back than mine. Help on this would be appreciated!

My Tiny Collection :)My Tiny Collection :)

Thats all I have for now!
    Ugh, still kicking myself for not buying a ww1 helmet when I had the chance.

Thanks!
    Quinn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Tiny Collection :)
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Tiny Collection :)

Thanks for sharing, I love your knives!! .....and remember, no matter how small a collection seems, it is still a collection, everybody has to start somewhere

Merry Christmas, Quinn.

Chris
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Thanks for sharing, I love your knives!! .....and remember, no matter how small a collection seems, it is still a collection, everybody has to start somewhere

Merry Christmas, Quinn.

Chris
    Indeed Chris.

Cool little collection and we all started with one item or only a few. Onwards and upwards to bigger and better things.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice collection, you made a good move being a member of this forum. When i first start collecting i never considered on joining a forum. that soon changeded tought.
    Good tast

nice start to a lifetime of collecting mate.
    Keep up the good work hay.

Prince is still touring? lol (nice bayonets and belt, by the way! And you're right-the loops are almost certainly added on, but it's is common to see this done) William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks Guys! Thats why I joined this forum, to have help and kind comments from people that know what they're talking about! I'll make sure to donate...when I get money hehe! I know, prince seems ancient to my generation! Although , I kinda need to apologize for what my generation did to music... I prefer the 'older' songs and bands! Ahh, getting off topic, oops! I'll try and get pictures of my rifle soon. My parents were going to get me a deact webley VI for christmas, but I can't get anymore since they just bought a car! Anyhow, Ill be sure to show anything I get for christmas!

?

Matthewsq I dont think I would judge your veterans association badge a fake do to the odd backing these are uncommon but if it is the same as the example photo's they are referred to as a clipper backing and can be found on a few examples of pre war and Third Reich badges and tinnies that I have seen clearer and close up photos of the markings would help.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Tiny Collection :)   My Tiny Collection :)  

Nice collection! Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Hi Matthew,
    Nice pieces you have and as said we all started somewhere, i like your 07 bayo i didnt know siam had them so you see you learn something everyday. we look forward to seeing your new pieces when you get them and the webley is a very nice pistol, Have a great christmas and i hope you get want you want.
    Dave.

dave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast