Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My WW1 and WW2 Collection So Far

Article about: I have been a collector of historical artifacts for many years. I have done a lot a metal detecting for both US Civil War artifacts in Virginia and ancient coins and artifacts in the UK. How

Default My WW1 and WW2 Collection So Far

I have been a collector of historical artifacts for many years. I have done a lot a metal detecting for both US Civil War artifacts in Virginia and ancient coins and artifacts in the UK. However I am relatively new to collecting WW1 and WW2 militaria. Unfortunately if metal detecting for these items the condition would be poor and cloth and ribbon items non existent. Recently I have been making up for lost time and adding many WW1 and WW2 items to my collection. With the help of so many great people on this forum I feel I have done well in avoiding the landmines of fakes and reproductions. I have posted some individual items in past posts, but if there is anything someone would like to see a closeup of, please let me know. A huge thanks to all those who have put up with my many questions. I so much appreciate all the great advice. Ron

My WW1 and WW2 Collection So FarMy WW1 and WW2 Collection So FarMy WW1 and WW2 Collection So FarMy WW1 and WW2 Collection So FarMy WW1 and WW2 Collection So FarMy WW1 and WW2 Collection So FarMy WW1 and WW2 Collection So FarMy WW1 and WW2 Collection So FarMy WW1 and WW2 Collection So FarMy WW1 and WW2 Collection So Far

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My WW1 and WW2 Collection So Far
    P
    Many

Wow! Very impressive collection Ron! A nicely displayed.

Andy

That stickpin display is brilliant!

Wow! What a great collection.

And I agree with Neil, your presentation of the stcikpins is very original and very cool

Congratulations

PS. If you allow me to make you a humble suggestion, it is this: Try looking for light gray felt instead of red to display your collection. The result IMHO visually improves a lot

Regards
    Santi

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Wow! What a great collection.

And I agree with Neil, your presentation of the stcikpins is very original and very cool

Congratulations

PS. If you allow me to make you a humble suggestion, it is this: Try looking for light gray felt instead of red to display your collection. The result IMHO visually improves a lot

Regards
    Santi
    Thanks. It was surprisingly difficult to find a pin cushion with black felt for the Panzer stickpins but I lucked out with this one. The cherry wood display cases I used only came with the red liner unfortunately. I will keep a lookout for displays with the gray . Ron

?

Just some friendly advice: Try to keep focus on what you want to collect. I see items that form a field of collecting by themselves and that are not related to other items, except them being German. And them being German is exactly the challenge as there are so many fakes and reproductions in that very popular field. If you keep your focus, you’ll be able to build up knowledge, improving your chances to find originals and not having to rely on people in forums, that can be mistaken too and are not always around when you need to decide.

Quote by Kilian View Post
    Just some friendly advice: Try to keep focus on what you want to collect. I see items that form a field of collecting by themselves and that are not related to other items, except them being German. And them being German is exactly the challenge as there are so many fakes and reproductions in that very popular field. If you keep your focus, you’ll be able to build up knowledge, improving your chances to find originals and not having to rely on people in forums, that can be mistaken too and are not always around when you need to decide.
    Thanks. Yes, trying my best to focus on certain areas. My WW2 focus has been Panzer items such as badges, insignia and stickpins, EK2, some EK1, medal bars, ribbon bars. My WW1 focus has been RFC and RNAS. It's difficult sometimes not to let other items slip in such as Party Badges or WW1 French Flying Corps I have been very fortunate to have so many knowledgeable people on this forum willing to share their collecting knowledge, Ron

?

great display ...thanks

Great collection.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Ron,

A very impressive assortment of insignia and decorations..

I will also add.. Collect what you want and what you like...

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast