Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New here! my small (but growing) collection

Article about: hi guys, New Member here just thought i share my Museum/Man Cave/War Room!

Default New here! my small (but growing) collection

hi guys, New Member here just thought i share my Museum/Man Cave/War Room!New here! my small (but growing) collectionNew here! my small (but growing) collectionNew here! my small (but growing) collectionNew here! my small (but growing) collectionNew here! my small (but growing) collectionNew here! my small (but growing) collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New here! my small (but growing) collection
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!! You have some nice variations of gas masks there. I'm glad I'm retiring from the military soon so I will never have to wear one of those things again.

Burt

Welcome to the forum!

Your small collection will grow into a large one in no time. Militaria has a way of multiplying without you noticing. Before you know it, all those shelves will be packed!
    I like the Mk IV gas mask. Looks like it's a 'Special T' variant too. Is it missing its filter?

B.B.

the filter has been removed temporarily while a friend of mine makes it safe the haversack was Coated in a fine layer of asbestos dust So better safe than sorry i think

thanks buddy! yeah i don't envy you guys with the NBC drills! thanks for your service.

Quote by Wolf793 View Post
    the filter has been removed temporarily while a friend of mine makes it safe the haversack was Coated in a fine layer of asbestos dust So better safe than sorry i think
    A very wise move. All British military respirators from that period contain Crocidolite, or blue asbestos, which is the nastiest type you can encounter. I have several of these masks, and have sealed all the filters using PVA wood sealant. Closes up the filter, binds the asbestos together, and means I don't have to take the mask assembly apart to render it safe. A cheap and noninvasive method, even advocated by the Imperial War Museum.
    You said the haversack was coated with dust. Is the filter intact, or has it been damaged?

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    A very wise move. All British military respirators from that period contain Crocidolite, or blue asbestos, which is the nastiest type you can encounter. I have several of these masks, and have sealed all the filters using PVA wood sealant. Closes up the filter, binds the asbestos together, and means I don't have to take the mask assembly apart to render it safe. A cheap and noninvasive method, even advocated by the Imperial War Museum.
    You said the haversack was coated with dust. Is the filter intact, or has it been damaged?

B.B.
    the filter Appears intact is the most i can say there's no obvious signs of holes, but the dust was definately asbestos wether or not it came from my mask or wether its from storage its difficult to say but llike i said rather safe than sorry

Welcome to the forum - I've not been here long myself.
    I have a WW2 German M38 gas mask and a few other items - keen to expand with more items but they're so darn expensive..
    Nick

?

Nice collection. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your collection with us.

Rossi

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com