Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Pilot Wing from my native country!

Article about: Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my latest Pilot Wing, this time from my native country Sweden. It is numbered 2395, indicating that it was issued around 1944. Unfortunately the recipien

?

Default A Pilot Wing from my native country!

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share my latest Pilot Wing, this time from my native country Sweden.

It is numbered 2395, indicating that it was issued around 1944. Unfortunately the recipient is unknown.

Maker is of course C.C Sporrong, Stockholm which was (as far as I know) the ONLY maker for the "Flygförarmärke M/36"

The only thing to complain about is the missing backscrew, otherwise it's a wing I'm really happy with!

Thanks for looking!

Tobias

A Pilot Wing from my native country!A Pilot Wing from my native country!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Pilot Wing from my native country!
    P
    Many

That's cool, Never seen a Swedish pilot Wing before. Did they also have different types for navigator etc like all the other Airforces ? Thanks for showing Regards Paul

?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    That's cool, Never seen a Swedish pilot Wing before. Did they also have different types for navigator etc like all the other Airforces ? Thanks for showing Regards Paul
    Hey Paul!

Yes, they did. Here are some WW2-era examples from the collection of my friend Mikael Gidhagen!

Air Gunner:

Radio Operator:

And the Observer, this one is in silver for NCO's

Beautiful designs if you ask me

Best regards, Tobias

Very nice! Like that gunners wing with the .50 Cal !!

I have never seen much Swedish militaria either but being a self confessed "Magpie" when it comes to militaria I am always eager to learn. I suspect it is unlikely I will come across many of these in UK but you never know and as the saying goes "time spent on reconnaissance is never wasted".
    Thanks for showing these interesting items.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I have never seen much Swedish militaria either but being a self confessed "Magpie" when it comes to militaria I am always eager to learn. I suspect it is unlikely I will come across many of these in UK but you never know and as the saying goes "time spent on reconnaissance is never wasted".
    Thanks for showing these interesting items.

Regards

Mark
    I wasn't really much into Swedish militaria either until I started speaking to my friend Mikael who showed me his wings and badges. I didn't bother making any research on Swedish items before, considering their neutrality during the war. But as I started looking into the different wings and uniform I was caught up instantly!

Here is some more great Swedish militaria I'd like to share, these are not from my collection!

An M/30 Pilot uniform which belonged to Captain Svante Liljedahl from Air Wing "F1"

From the collection of Tod Rathbone!

An extremely rare Air Combat Award, only about 100 of these were made:

From my friend Mikaels collection

Best regards, Tobias