Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 LastLast

Post 1945 cams

Article about: Great stuff Opex! I haven't posted on this thread for a while but thought I would kick this in -has been posted prev in 'World guns' thread a few years ago-West German Flecktam P38/P1 pistol

Interesting to see the metal waist adjustment buckle. I raised the same question on Rene's DPM thread regarding how common they were. Perhaps only used by that manufacturer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post 1945 cams
    P
    Many

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Interesting to see the metal waist adjustment buckle. I raised the same question on Rene's DPM thread regarding how common they were. Perhaps only used by that manufacturer.
    Over the years I've seen ddpm "tropical" trousers by five manufacturers, but ddpm "lightweights" only by J Compton Sons & Webb and only under contract number SL33a/3537. Presumably not many of this pattern were needed, hence the one-off contract and their scarcity today. (Green lightweights were of course made in huge quantities by numerous makers.)

Significant about the ddpm LW trousers is the contract number, putting them before 1990 and possibly as early as 1988, showing that ddpm was developed before GW1 and not rushed out as an emergency design. Ditto for the NBC suits used in that war (only made by Remploy Ltd under contract SL34b/0074), where the packing date is always Jan or Feb 1991 but the fabric date is anything up to a year earlier.

Interesting stuff - thank you....how would the average Jo tell DDPM Tropicals from DDPM Lightweights please?....just in case Jo is a member here :-)

If your contract details are correct it does smash the old theory of some guys with a sand-yellow felt pen hurriedly knocking up a camo pattern cos we're gonna be fighting in a desert and not on the Steppes...

I've just checked and my DPM trousers with the metal waist adjuster buckle was made by Supercraft Garments Ltd.

Quote by Composite View Post
    Interesting stuff - thank you....how would the average Jo tell DDPM Tropicals from DDPM Lightweights please?....just in case Jo is a member here :-)
    Well, besides the side adjusters, they are named on the label! ETA: Just remembered that the later trousers are also marked Lightweight - doh! So it comes down to the pattern, really. Pockets not in the same places and IIRC the material isn't quite the same. The Gulf War uniform was a direct copy of the tropical shirt and trousers in ddpm, though the zip-and-button fly was soon dropped for just a zip.

Quote by Composite View Post
    If your contract details are correct it does smash the old theory of some guys with a sand-yellow felt pen hurriedly knocking up a camo pattern cos we're gonna be fighting in a desert and not on the Steppes...
    The contracts research is here: Using labels and markings to date postwar British clothing and equipment - Clothing/uniforms - HMVF - Historic Military Vehicles Forum

The label in these is white in colour like found in some of the early Green light weight trousers so its a bit of a odd ball as I put before a first for me see the metal adjusters on Desert DPM trousers

I was recently able to add to my Cad Pat outfit.
    A Gore Tex rain coat and pants set.
    These are somewhat difficult to get as technically, they are government property.
    Ralph.

Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Post 1945 cams
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I was also able to pick up, from the same person, an arid Cad Pat boonie, and a Kevlar cover in arid Cad Pat with the I.R. indicators on the top.
    I also picked up an extra Canadian winter Kevlar cover.
    Ralph.

Post 1945 cams
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

some new pics of my dpm smocks, smock mans, para smock falklands period, para smock mid 80's, dpm parka falklands period
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

1950's Denison Smock Airborne Troops
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post 1945 cams   Post 1945 cams  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 LastLast