Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Post Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any Era

Article about: I wanted to start a thread where collectors can post their favorite edged weapons or whole collections from any era or country. Most of us stick to the parts of the forum that interest us an

Hello,
    That's a nice thread....here are some of my blades. Pardon me for not posting all those that are on display on the mannequins, it would have been too much work for tonight.

Left : two Mercator knives, the german soldier's best friend and "Le vengeur de 1870"
    Middle : some of my S84/98 bayos (from 1937 to 1944) with various frogs (2nd bayo from left on lower row is WWI with pre-WWII frog, didn't find yet the frog i want...
    Right : Kampfmesser, prewar czech bayo reissued to the german army and S98/05 with flashguard and steel scabbard shaped to resemble the leather example.
    My favourites : 1944 dated S84/98 with shrapnel impact on the scabbard (3rd from left top row) and the S98/05 in almost mint condition with "Verdun" engraved on the steel scabbard (french soldier's war trophy) and the Mercator of course
    Thanks

Last edited by JPhilip; 02-10-2020 at 12:01 AM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any Era
    P
    Many

?

JPhilip, very nice collection. I particularly like the boot knives! Something I need to add in the near future. Thanks for posting

My favourite edged weapon is the Sabre Briquet, standart Infantry sword of the Napoleonic Area french Army.
    Named Briquet (Briquet is french for Lighter) as it had a very short blade and looked a bit like the lighters they where using at that time, the name was made official in 1811.

This Specific example was manufactured in Klingenthal in 1814 during the first restauration of the monarchy, it may have very well served under Napoleon Bonaparte during the 100 day reign that followed after.

Post Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any EraPost Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any Era

What i absolutely love about these Swords is their completly bronze grip.

?

What a terrific sabre with a lot of history behind it. Thanks for posting it.

Al

?

JPhilip Your bayonets are in excellent condition
    i only have one that is very reserved like yours bayonets

I apologize for my bad English

?

Great stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Some very impressive collections shown. Great heirlooms to pass down to family who hopefully will appreciate these edged weapon from a different era.

?

hello friends, nice cool weapons I see !!! here are my favorite .... sorry they are not in one picture, girlfriend is already sleeping and I do not want to wake her, because I have them in the bedroom Post Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any EraPost Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any EraPost Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any EraPost Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any EraPost Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any EraPost Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any EraPost Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any EraPost Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any Era

?

I'm adding one more photo of these relics that started my collection Post Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any Era

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Sweet Display Greg. I need one of the knuckle knives for my collection!
    Thanks Al.
    I live in a very small house so my knife display is on my bedroom wall.
    My wife told me that the very first time she came into my bedroom, she was
    a little freaked out. She thought I might be a crazed psyco of some sort.
    She married me anyway.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast