Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Post Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any Era

Article about: I wanted to start a thread where collectors can post their favorite edged weapons or whole collections from any era or country. Most of us stick to the parts of the forum that interest us an

okie this pair I know nothing about? other than that they are very, very sharp!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any Era
    P
    Many

I have only a small amount of edged weapons
    Under it a SA Dienstdolch, Lebel 1895 Bayo, Lebel 1915 Trench dagger, Gottlieb Hammersfahr Grabendolch and a british Pig stabber bayonet
    My favorite of this is the Lebel Trenchdagger
    Monday new 7 edged weapons join the Collection
    Enjoy it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Edged Weapons Any Type Any Era  

Here's another. The only other one I've seen is Rossie's.

?

NIce ! I knew you'd stumble on us soon enough. You seem to have a little bit of everything.

Great assortment Gents ........ and Ralph takes the Crown on a massive sweet condition on variety

@ Jamie ....so that I dont detract from the original intent of this thread....could you post that Blue 1st Luft dagger for discussion in the Luft dagger forum?
    It is nothing I have ever seen before and more resembles a post war repro....or is it a mini type for salesmen?

Regards Larry

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post

they look like something used for this!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Here you go Rene.
    Ralph.

The talwar originated alongside other curved swords such as the Persian shamshir, the Turkish kilij and the Afghan pulwar, all such swords being originally derived from earlier curved swords developed in Turkic Central Asia. The talwar typically does not have as radical a curve as the shamshir and only a very small minority have the expanded, stepped, yelman typical of the kilij.

A typical talwar has a wider blade than the shamshir. Late examples often had European-made blades, set into distinctive Indian-made hilts. The hilt of the typical talwar is termed a "disc hilt" from the prominent disc-shaped flange surrounding the pommel. The pommel often has a short spike projecting from its centre, sometimes pierced for a cord to secure the sword to the wrist. The hilt incorporates a simple cross-guard which frequently has a slender knucklebow attached. The hilt is usually entirely of iron, though brass and silver hilts are found, and is connected to the tang of the blade by a very powerful adhesive resin. More ornate examples of the talwar often show silver or gold decoration in a form called koftgari.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Great thread. I will get a few of mine posted when I can get to it.

Thanks,

William

?

MR. rbminis very impressive collection. I noticed that you have in your collection and a nice knife from the Czech and Mikovsky "predator". Congratulations on the amazing collection

Quote by kekel View Post
    MR. rbminis very impressive collection. If you see well you have a collection of Czech Mikov "predator" congratulations
    Thank you!
    Yes, I do.
    It was given to me by a very dear friend, and fellow knife maker. He felt it was more appropriate in my collection than his.
    He makes the Damascus for his own creations, and gives me the scraps of Damascus to make miniatures from.
    Ralph.

This sword is 8.75 cm (3.5 in.) long with ivory, mastodon ivory and water buffalo horn.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast