Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Retro' s Gas Mask Collection

Article about: Hey all. Figured I'd post an old and outdated video from almost 2 years back. My collection has grown a bit since. I guess the purpose of this is to try to stimulate some interest here. By a

Default Retro' s Gas Mask Collection

Hey all. Figured I'd post an old and outdated video from almost 2 years back. My collection has grown a bit since. I guess the purpose of this is to try to stimulate some interest here. By all means if you see something you want to see in more detail, please ask. I will try to get to it on the weekends

Best wishes,
    Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Retro' s Gas Mask Collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Retro' s Gas Mask Collection

nice collection hey dan are you the same danny gasmasks uk

Quote by col james View Post
    nice collection hey dan are you the same danny gasmasks uk
    No, we do share names as well as common interests though. I guess you can say seeing his collection back in 2009 inspired me to get back into collecting.

Thanks,
    Dan

I think you need to do an updated video Dan, your collection has grown more than "a bit" in the past year or so!

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I think you need to do an updated video Dan, your collection has grown more than "a bit" in the past year or so!

Thanks

Danny
    I do need to update. I first need a new place to store them. My current storage strategy includes a lot of stacked boxes. Shame really. I might try to get a small building for them and outfit it kinda like a museum. That would be pretty cool.

That is a phenominal gas mask collection there Dan. It's clear you put a lot of time and money into that. I have 10 gas masks, none of which are particularly rare like most of your collection- I'm very envious! Unfortunately, I don't really have any room to display any more right now, but seeing this makes me want to collect more... I love the looks of gas masks.

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    That is a phenominal gas mask collection there Dan. It's clear you put a lot of time and money into that. I have 10 gas masks, none of which are particularly rare like most of your collection- I'm very envious! Unfortunately, I don't really have any room to display any more right now, but seeing this makes me want to collect more... I love the looks of gas masks.

Mat
    Thanks man. Gas masks is one of those sections of militaria that is quite strange and mysterious. In terms of research, once you break the surface with some of the well documented stuff, all bets are off with the less common designs. And while the market for this stuff isn't as strong as say WW1 and WW2 German equipment or the flight helmet community, you can still put money in and get it back if not more in the future if times got rough or if you moved on to something else. That always helps I suppose, so keep at it.

Regards,
    Dan

Great pieces and great display, they are great items to collect. They have a "scary" look.
    I only have two myself.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Great pieces and great display, they are great items to collect. They have a "scary" look.
    I only have two myself.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Thanks man. Congrats on the museum display as well. Would be awesome if something like that happened with some of my masks in a kind of 'evolution of the service mask' event. I suppose that is a little over-ambitious though.

Thanks,
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast