Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sensei's Collection - The Air War

Article about: This May I celebrated 4 years in this hobby. It's been a hell of a fun journey with great people and great historical items that I can study for days on end. I began this collection 4 years

?

Default Sensei's Collection - The Air War

This May I celebrated 4 years in this hobby. It's been a hell of a fun journey with great people and great historical items that I can study for days on end.

I began this collection 4 years ago with my mom surprising me with a few Japanese bank notes issued in Burma and the Philippines that I still have to this day.

In the beginning I just basically bought anything that I deemed interesting enough and ended up with a bunch of items that I lost interest in very quickly, like a bad conditioned Reichswehr Buckle and a ground down K98 Bayonet. But over time I started focus more on quality rather than quantity and focused on items with more historical value (to me atleast) and that lead me to the Air War. Something just caught my attention really hard with their uniforms, the class displayed between the rivals and the bombing campaigns etc... And that is what I have my focus on to this day, the war in the skies. I firstly started off buying mostly Luftwaffe items just because of the quality and designs of their items but I've grown extremely interested with the other Air Powers aswell, like the RAF, USAAF and Regia Aeronautica etc.

So here is my Air War collection after about 1,5 years of switching my focus.

NOTE: I've decided to mix the items from the different nations because otherwise I would've photographed all day but I've put them into different categories and not all items from the collection are shown here, I've decided to keep out the categories of which I only have one item from, for example I currently only own ONE dagger and ONE uniform therefore they are not included and other misc items like flags. And I've also decided that this post will be used to share my newer additions if they are worthy enough to share!

Hope you'll like it!

Tobias

We'll start of with Medals, Badges and Wings

Sensei's Collection - The Air WarSensei's Collection - The Air War

Insignia

Headgear

Sensei's Collection - The Air War

And lastly Photographs and other Paper items

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sensei's Collection - The Air War
    P
    Many

?

Fantastic work for just four years!
    (I’m sure you’ll still have those Burma banknotes in 40)!

Congrats Tobias,

I like it!

BR
    Peter

MAP
    ?

Great collection and well photographed. You've come a long way in 4 years and are an example for new collectors to follow.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you all!

Tobias

Very nice.

⚡️⚡️

?

Managed to pick up another Finnish Winter War Medal, from Ebay of all places. A site I usually ignore when it comes to buying items. This medal fits the collection more than the one currently in my collection.

ILMAPUOLUSTUS = Air Defence/Air Force

Best regards, Tobias

Brilliant collection!

Fantastic collection Sensei !
    Paul

?

You always show quality items Tobias, thank you for sharing them and for your superb choice of items.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast