Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A set of Frontflugspanges

Article about: These just came in the mail. Took a month as they sat in customs forever. A few are hard to find examples. - Transport - Short Range Night Fighter - Reconnaissance - Air to Ground Once the h

MAP
    ?

Default A set of Frontflugspanges

These just came in the mail. Took a month as they sat in customs forever. A few are hard to find examples.

- Transport
    - Short Range Night Fighter
    - Reconnaissance
    - Air to Ground

Once the home renovation is completed, I will post each separately as I need to get my light box set up first and take proper photos.

These were part of a recent vet horde find that some of you might have heard about (see You Tube link).

Found by a US POW. was told that when the war ended and the prison guards disappeared, left the prison camp in search for food. On one of these patrols he entered an abandoned Luftwaffe based and found a large number of unissued awards. They sat in his cigar box until recently purchased. These 4 are just a small part.

The video is long but you can see many of these awards early on (around the 6 min mark +/-).

Arthur E Cooper JR WWII Veteran Interview - YouTube

Would like the thank a number of gents (Larry, Steven and Fraser) for helping me out
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A set of Frontflugspanges
    P
    Many

Great items! very cool to see them in that video.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. A direct link back to the Vet is what drew me to these awards.

With these 4, I will have 5 in total. 3 more to go to complete the set.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very cool Michael.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

raz
    ?

Congratulations Michael , great set and look to be in excellent condition . Can't wait for the separate pic's on each .

MAP
    ?

Thanks Greg/Dennis.

The set is unissued and in excellent condition. I will need to inspect them more and weigh them. The zinc is absorbing some of the finish but still in great condition

A little difficult to determine if the Air-to-ground is bronze or gold. I'm leaning on the Air-to-ground being Gold (Bronze Air-to Ground awards are very rare) given the traces of gold on the reverse catch.

Air to Ground in Gold (I think). Zinc. Maker marked G H Osang
    Night fighter in Bronze maker marked by RK
    Recon in Silver. Zinc. Unmarked (Maybe BSW?)
    Transport is unmarked. Appears to be zinc. (Maybe FLL or Brehmer)

Here are a few terrible photos taken in poor lighting and background.

MAP
    ?

MAP
    ?

Together with their brethren