Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast

Show your mannequins!

Article about: My German artillery Oberlautnant (full mannequin) named Hans Wildner (It is a named tunic, hehe ).

As promised, here's some older photos of the same mannequin dressed as a British soldier circa 1944, and as a German machine gunner. In both cases he's mislaid his trousers!

Show your mannequins! Show your mannequins!

B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your mannequins!
    P
    Many

?

Default The end of the original CADPAT camouflage as we now it now.

The CADPAT was introduced in 1996 first as an helmet cover for the new CG634. Both Temperate Woodland & the Arid Region pattern will be replaced by the Multi-Terrain pattern over the next years. Enjoy.

Show your mannequins!

On the funny side the CADPAT was nicknamed "relish"!

Show your mannequins!

This is what the Multi-Terrain looks like.

Show your mannequins!

?

Default Indochina 1953

Hi everyone, Indochina 1953.
    Stiff as put on his pocho/tent section. That poncho was directly inspired by the German M31 Zeltbahn. Lizard camouflage on one side, the other being khaki.

Show your mannequins!

Show your mannequins!

Show your mannequins!

He wears the famous "Bigeard" cap, who just made it's first appearance being locally produced with whatever clothing parts could be found or scrounged. French Lizard camouflage was inspired by the WW2 British Denison Smock & was adopted by the French Army in 1947.

Show your mannequins!

Quote by Jack59 View Post
    Hi everyone, Indochina 1953.
    Stiff as put on his pocho/tent section. That poncho was directly inspired by the German M31 Zeltbahn. Lizard camouflage on one side, the other being khaki.

Show your mannequins!

Show your mannequins!

Show your mannequins!

He wears the famous "Bigeard" cap, who just made it's first appearance being locally produced with whatever clothing parts could be found or scrounged. French Lizard camouflage was inspired by the WW2 British Denison Smock & was adopted by the French Army in 1947.

Show your mannequins!
    Great display Jack.

Do you have any other bits of French kit from the Indochina or Algeria period that you could show us here.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Hi Will, thanks for your nice comments & interest. Unfortunately those are the only Indochina period items for now, but it's a start. Helmets & Covers are my main things, I do have a few camo uniforms & caps. By getting the mannequin my goal is to present uniforms & helmets on him (Stiff by the way) in a simple but colourful way. Take care. Jack

Quote by Jack59 View Post
    Hi Will, thanks for your nice comments & interest. Unfortunately those are the only Indochina period items for now, but it's a start. Helmets & Covers are my main things, I do have a few camo uniforms & caps. By getting the mannequin my goal is to present uniforms & helmets on him (Stiff by the way) in a simple but colourful way. Take care. Jack
    No worries Jack. This year I have started to collect French uniforms and equipment from the Indochina and Algeria period so it is always nice to see other members post what they have.

Kind regards,

Will.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    As promised, here's some older photos of the same mannequin dressed as a British soldier circa 1944, and as a German machine gunner. In both cases he's mislaid his trousers!

Show your mannequins! Show your mannequins!

B.B.
    Two very nice renditions of Tommy and Landser BB.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Two very nice renditions of Tommy and Landser BB.
    I was quite proud of what I managed to scrape together. A shame about the missing trousers, though!

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I was quite proud of what I managed to scrape together. A shame about the missing trousers, though!
    Reminded me of Dads Army, sort of thing Pvt Jones might have been seen in!

?

Default I do have something else!

Hi Will, I remembered this nice set of fourragères from a French legionnaire (2 REP) brought back from Indochina in 1954/55 by my dad. He was then a Canadian sgt. deployed with the Peace Commission supervising the Geneva Conference ending that war. Being French-Canadian he became friend with French soldiers & legionnaires. I've also included a few good reference books. Enjoy. Jack

Show your mannequins!

Show your mannequins!

Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast