Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Show your mannequins!

Article about: My German artillery Oberlautnant (full mannequin) named Hans Wildner (It is a named tunic, hehe ).

Default Show your mannequins!

I apoligise if there is already a dedicated thread for this, however, I have searched and couldn't find one.

I collect anything WW2, although my ultimate aim is to build up a collection of fully dressed mannequins (life size Action Man / G.I. Joes?). Although my collection has grown over the years, unfortunately my house hasn't and due to a lack of space I only have one and half mannequins. The full size mannequin is also 6'4'' which means a lot of the original WW2 5'2'' uniforms don't fit!!!!

I have seen some brilliant threads on the forum with members showing excellently dressed mannequins. If you've never posted your mannequin or even if you have shown them before please post them again here (for my enjoyment if nobody elses!).
    Anything goes, any nationality or period (the good, the bad, the ugly) - it has to be a full or half mannequin though, no coat hangers on the back of the bedroom door

I will start with 'Freddie' dressed as a WW2 British Officer, circa late 1944 (he has a big head by the way, so British helmets don't fit!) and as a US G.I. circa early 1945.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your mannequins!   Show your mannequins!  

Show your mannequins!   Show your mannequins!  

Last edited by Grimebox; 02-17-2013 at 06:05 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your mannequins!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Show your mannequins!

He looks Kool

Here's 'Woody' dressed as a Canadian soldier and as a British Para. Unfortunately the Denison is post war Belgian and the scrim is obviously new, however, the rest of him is original.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your mannequins!   Show your mannequins!  

Last edited by Grimebox; 02-17-2013 at 06:08 PM.

?

That is a great display ! I have no uniforms but if i had the room I'd like a Russian ww2 gunner set up to fiar my Russian maxim !

Keep it up , will be a good thred too watch !

Kind regards
    Alex

I have no manequins, so this is the best can.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Show your mannequins!  

Very nice displays and as an apartment dweller i wish i could display them like that.One time long ago i needed some repairs in my apt. and the maintanance worker was of German desent and went ape when he saw the SA white tunic i had displayed at that time.Put in back in its protective suit carrier and that was that.Goodbuys

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    I have no manequins, so this is the best can.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    I'll let you off because they look so good ! I especially like the German set up, you just need to get a pair of cold weather boots and a short mannequin and you have yourself a German sentry on the Russian front!

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    I'll let you off because they look so good ! I especially like the German set up, you just need to get a pair of cold weather boots and a short mannequin and you have yourself a German sentry on the Russian front!
    Lol, that would be cool, however the luft overcoat is from an oberleutnant from the 49th Flak Regiment.
    Would not pass as a sentrybut the 49th flak were later on posted on the eastern front.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Last edited by António Fragoeiro; 01-05-2012 at 01:43 PM.

?

Here's my guy..unfortunately he's a yank so he hasnt got his visa to come over to australia yet...

Show your mannequins!Show your mannequins!Show your mannequins!

?

I dont like maniquins with facial expresions. My favorte is "woodie".
    I dont have a uniform so I dont have a maniquin to share.

Best regards,
    Patrick M lewis

Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast