Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Some Luftwaffe items

Article about: I had a bit of a change around of some mannequins and things, so I thought I would post up the end result and see what you all think... Yeah there is a bit of residue from my Heer collection

WOW!!!! Beautiful Bob!. Nice looking guard kitty, I think cats are a little more laid back than dogs.

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some Luftwaffe items
    P
    Many

An award lot to Oberfeldwebel 'Willi' Szuggar, who was a pilot with the Condor Legion, where he had 5 victories in Spain, and then
    went on to fly briefly with JG 26 (1 Victory, a Wellington on the 18rh of December 1939) and another 4 victories in Russia flying a
    Bf 109E and an Fw 190A.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Luftwaffe items   Some Luftwaffe items  

Some Luftwaffe items   Some Luftwaffe items  

The case was apparently made for him post-war to keep his awards in. He went on to become a test pilot after the war.

I'm not sure how he would have been awarded the War Merit Cross 1st Class without swords unless he went on to be
    an instructor or was attached to the Air Ministry. I have no information on what he did from 1941 to 1945.

The Spain Cross in Gold is by Otto Schickle and is in superb condition.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Luftwaffe items   Some Luftwaffe items  

Nice early C.E. Juncker J1 Pilot's Badge awarded in 1937. The pilots award document is sadly only a photocopy.

Bob

Some Luftwaffe items  

Medals Awarded to Luftwaffe Ace Georg-William Szuggar
    A unique cased award grouping attributed to Luftwaffe Ace (10 Arial Victories) Oberfeldwebel Georg-William ‘Willy' Szuggar. Suggzar was born June 28th 1913.
    He flew with the Jagdgruppe 88 in Spain which he received 5 victories, he flew with the Jagdgeschwader 26 receiving 1 night victory in the west and with
    Jagdgeschwader 54 in Russia where he received an additional 4 victories. Szuggar survived the war and later became an Arado test pilot.

The awards are; a period photo of Szuggar and a few documents that include information about his war time service, a letter, a scanned copy of Szuggar's original
    Pilot Badge Award Document and a few photos. Below is a list of his awards:
    • Mint - Spanish Cross in Gold (Spanien-Kreuz in Gold mit Schwertern) by Otto Schickle of Pforzheim (unmarked). Awarded: August 14th 1938.
    • Screwback - Iron Cross 1st Class (Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse) by L/13 - Paul Meybauer of Berlin.
    • Type I - Spanish War Cross Breast Star (Spanien-Cruz de Guerra).
    • J1 - Pilot Badge (Flugzeugführerabzeichen) by C.E. Juncker of Berlin. Awarded: February 22nd 1937.
    • 2nd Class Iron Cross (Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse) by 13 - Gustav Brehmer of Markneukirchen/Sa
    • Short Range Day Fighter Clasp in Gold (Frontflug-Spange für Jäger in Gold) by C. E. Juncker of Berlin (unmarked).
    • 1st Class War Merit Cross (Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse ohne Schwertern) by 4 - Steinhauer & Luck of Lüdenscheid.
    • 4 Year Long Service Award (Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 4-Jährige 4.Klasse).
    • DRL Sports badge in Bronze (DRL-Sportabzeichen in Bronze) by Ferd. Wagner of Pforzheim.

Some photos of Ofw Szuggar...

?

Amazing groupings Bob. Love all the details. As always a pleasure to read your post and enjoy your wonderful eye candy.

Thanks Tim

Thanks Tim,

I have added a new Flight NCO's Tuchrock and changed the uniform display around a bit too...

Cheers

Bob

?

Looks like you have a panzer visor that's lonely Bob.

Your display is simply amazing. Love all but I like your major with affrika cuff title, fallschirmjager and close combat. Very impressive. Also thanks for the new photos.

Tim

Thanks again Tim.

The Heer visor is Artillery, when I had my purge on Heer visor caps, I just couldn't part with that one....

It is a double Erel with a beaut 3D cockade.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Luftwaffe items  

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast