Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Somewhat interesting award and document grouping.

Article about: Awards and award documents of Friedrich "Fritz" Hertlein. Hertlein was a member of schwere Artillerie-Abteilung 736 (heavy artillery battalion 736). This was an Army-level unit equ

TWS
    ?

Default Somewhat interesting award and document grouping.

Awards and award documents of Friedrich "Fritz" Hertlein. Hertlein was a member of schwere Artillerie-Abteilung 736 (heavy artillery battalion 736). This was an Army-level unit equipped with Czech 200 mm heavy howitzers. It was motorized versus horse-drawn like the majority of German artillery. Hertlein's EKII was awarded by Knights Cross Wearer (then Oberst, later Generalmajor) Karl-Friedrich von der Meden who was leading the 17th Panzer Division. Evidently schwere Artillerie-Abteilung 736 was supporting or attached to the division at that time. Perhaps more interesting is that Hertlein's commander, Hauptmann Walter Wreth, was awarded a fairly rare recognition for bravery on the battelfield: The Anerkennungsurkunde des Oberbefehlshabers des Heeres. I printed out a bit of information about this award to go with Hertlein's grouping. The Heinrici signature on Hertlein's KvK document is a facsimile, unfortunately.

Somewhat interesting award and document grouping.Somewhat interesting award and document grouping.Somewhat interesting award and document grouping.Somewhat interesting award and document grouping.Somewhat interesting award and document grouping.Somewhat interesting award and document grouping.Somewhat interesting award and document grouping.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Somewhat interesting award and document grouping.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice grouping and research Todd

Never heard of the Anerkennungsurkunde des Oberbefehlshabers des Heeres before
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

+1 What Map said. Congrats.
    John

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice grouping and research Todd

Never heard of the Anerkennungsurkunde des Oberbefehlshabers des Heeres before
    I don't think I had either until I bought this grouping a while back and started researching it.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Fun fact: All three of Hertlein's awards were made by Klein & Quenzer. I don't usually see that when I acquire a grouping. More commonly the awards are from a mix of makers.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Nice group, Todd.

Regards
    Santi