Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

JMM
    ?

Another great item to your ever growing spanish collection, mate!

Two pics showing the patch (I posted these when I got mine)

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the reference picture !

?

Default Spanish Civil War badge ? Republican or Nationalist ?

I picked up this interesting little pin to add to my civil war collection. I have not been able to find any similar images for this type of badge featuring a helmet superimposed on three arrows. The helmet looks like it could represent an M21 Spanish helmet without wings (sin alla) This early type of helmet was used by both the Nationalists and the Popular Front. The arrows are a common symbol used by the Nationalists and the Falange in particular. However this configuration of three arrows is similar to the anti-fascists groups like the Iron Front (Eiserne Front) and modern day anarchists "antifa" The arrows for these groups usually point downwards not upwards. Any help in identifying this pin or finding similar images would be greatly appreciated.
    Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

Default Falange Flag

I finally located an affordable period Falange flag for my collection. It's a well worn Late 1930's or early 1940's, 2 sided, multi piece construction flag measuring 12'' x 21''. The flag retains vibrant colors despite some fading and numerous moth nips. I'm very happy to have gotten it.

Here it is on display with my collection

?

Default Spain Falange / Requete Carlista Desktop Flag Set

Franco era desktop flag set
    Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

Default Carabineros Stick Pin

Carabineros Stick Pin

?

Default Spanish 11th Division Arm Shield

I also picked up this 11th Division arm shield which was described as Spanish civil war era. However I'm not really sure as the only 11th division I can find is for the Republican forces. I would imagine the insignia would not display a crown on a Republican shield as they were the driving force behind the exile of the Monarchy. More than likely it is a post war Franco era shield. I welcome any input as I am just making an educated guess based on the reference materials I can find.

?

Default Spanish Civil War Victory Medal

Spanish Civil War Victory Medal

?

Default Carlista "Dentente Bala" enamel pin

This is a neat little enamel pin in the form of a "Dentente Bala" (Bullet Stopper) charm. As I mentioned earlier on a post in this thread, The Catholic Carlists wore a symbol of the Sacred Heart over their left breast pocket as a form of protection from enemy bullets. The "Détente" was usually made of a hand stitched or embroidered cloth with the bleeding heart symbol and a prayer verse.

These are some examples of the traditional "Détente Bala" (Not part of my collection)

"Détente Bala" as worn by the Requete Carlistas

JMM
    ?

Browsing through the web I found these two beautiful pieces and thought of your collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast