Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

For only having been at it a few months, I would say that
    you've done incredibly well. While I do not collect this stuff myself, I do
    like to look and from what I have read, soom eof these pieces are being faked ---so be aware.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

Spanish Civil War Belt: I bought this because of the provenance. These are being sold everywhere less expensive but it's difficult to determine the period as I believe these were used after the civil war and who knows how long after.

Footnote: From the collection of approximately 900 German buckles accumulated by John R. Angolia, who start collecting buckles, belts and brocades from 1944 until around 1990; most of the buckles were obtained from the American and German veterans; most of these buckles present a core of Angolia’s book “Belt Buckles & Brocades of the Third Reich”, published in 2001. -

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    For only having been at it a few months, I would say that
    you've done incredibly well. While I do not collect this stuff myself, I do
    like to look and from what I have read, soom eof these pieces are being faked ---so be aware.
    Yes, ebay sellers from Spain in particular are selling fakes as fast as they can make them. Everything is labeled Condor legion, Blue division, etc

Hello Aldo,
    To me it looks OK. I also came across this doubt, because I know many photos made in the post-war period.
    I hope it helps

Medalla de la Campaña de la División Española de Voluntarios.

?

Thank you for the informative link. I was not aware that there were so many versions. This helps greatly !

Here are some of my Spanish Civil War medals and Blue Division Volunteers

Any comment is welcome

?

That is a nice collection of medals. I read that the civil war campaign medal, 2nd from the left on top, was issued until the 1960's. What characteristics do you look for to determine the date of issue ? I have two in my collection. In the picture you can see that one has the wrong color ribbon and the other one which is complete has green on the border instead of black. A website I stumbled on stated that the green bordered ribbon was issued to rear guard troops and the black bordered ribbon to the vanguard or frontline troops. This area of collecting is very difficult as there are much less detailed references available.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection  

?

I received a few more items from Spain today. A nicely detailed Spanish civil war cap badge. A crowned double headed eagle with the cross of Burgundy above the Santiago cross above the Falange yoke and arrow symbol. The badge is missing the pin but I was told that they were often period removed to sew onto the beret or cap. There is evidence of some red material on the tail feathers where it was supposedly removed from a red beret. Sounds good, not sure how to authenticate something like that. I also received a nice Blue Division ex-combatant lapel badge with serial number and makers mark. If any member knows of a reference for Spanish badge makers, I would appreciate it greatly.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

Now here is where the collecting bug makes you crazy at times. I had an opportunity to buy a large lot of Falange party pins, sequentially numbered on their original manufacturers board. Now I certainly didn't need 118 Falange pins as much as I love them but I also couldn't pass up the chance to acquire so many pins at once. So here they are in all their Glory ! Enjoy.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection   Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection  

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection   Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection  

Last edited by Aldo; 08-04-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast