Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

?

This is a Spanish Civil War Falange Second Line Militias Armband. Fabricated from red cotton, stamped with a Spanish Falange of the JONS (Juntas de Ofensiva Nacional-Sindicalista) insignia in black ink in the center, with a Second Line Militias (Milicias de Segunda LĂ­nea) division insignia stamped in black ink immediately to the right, reinforced stitching along all four edges, two cotton ties on the both ends. These are the original pictures from the website. I'll post more photo's when I take it out of it's temporary display case and find a permanent spot for it in my collection.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

Picked up this neat little tin Carlistas supporter flag pin, I believe circa 1930's or 40's. It has the crown over the cross of Burgundy and DPR, Dios, Patria, Rey, ( God, Country, King ) The Carlistas being traditional, conservative Catholics joined forces with Franco's Falangist party against The communists and anarchists during the civil war.

?

Carlistas uniforms

?

Default Spanish Civil War Nationalist Hat Badge

Another new acquisition for my Spanish Civil war collection, A Nationalist hat badge. This is a nice piece in good condition, nice enamel and both prongs are still present. There is a chance this might be post war circa 1940's but the lack of reference materials puts me at a disadvantage again. Many of the items circulating the internet as civil war items are in fact post war and many are from the 1950's and 60's. The usual disclaimer is from the Franco period, but Franco ruled Spain well into the 1970's . If any member has knowledge about this piece or any other on the thread , please feel free to comment. I have many more items coming in the mail soon which I will post on this thread as they arrive.

?

Default Legion Espanola Chapiri

The latest addition to my collection is this beautiful Spanish Legion cap. The Spanish Legion also known as the Tercio, was raised in the 1920's to serve as a reactionary force in Spain's army of Africa. The Legion went on to play a major role in the civil war alongside Nationalist forces. It's construction is similar to the other Falange forage cap on this thread in that it's made of a felt or some type of lightweight material. The embroidered emblem depicts a Battle Axe with a Cross Bow and Musket type pistol over a Crown. It's missing a chinstrap which I believe would be attached by buttons on the side as in it's modern day equivalent. There is an ink stamp on the band but unfortunately I can't read it. I believe it to be civil war period but it may date later in to the 1940's. Any forum member that may have a better idea of it's age, please feel free to post your opinion.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection   Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection  

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection   Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection  

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection   Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection  

?

Default Spanish Legion Cap

A few more pics alongside a few of my other Spanish items

?

Red face Falange Uniform Insignia

Today I received two Falangist uniform insignia in the form of arrows. I believe them to be rank insignia worn on the sleeve or above the pocket. One is a nice bevo woven badge and the other is metal arrows on a wool backing. I have seen this insignia in a photo or color illustration in some book or other but I cant seem to find the image to post it. If anyone has an image of these in use in a photo please post it on this thread. Thanks.

Here they are with some of my other recent finds

?

Default Circa 1930's Spain National Flag

I also got this excellent Spanish National Flag from the 1930's. It's made of a very lightweight linen material and measures 42" x 58" ( Too big for my display room unfortunately ) The linen ties are identical to the type used on the Falange armband I posted earlier on this thread. I included an illustration of Nationalist Forces in battle while flying their flag.

?

So I learned that ranks within the Falange were identified by stars, yokes and arrows (gold, silver, green, red) Although I don't know what each insignia or color represented , many Falangist who served in the Blue Division wore these insignia on their German uniforms as well as the regulation insignia. In the illustration below you can see veterans of the Blue Division decked out in the trimmings. The veteran on the far right in a white summer tunic is sporting the red arrow rank insignia under the Falange badge , lower left pocket

Quote by Aldo View Post
    That is a nice collection of medals. I read that the civil war campaign medal, 2nd from the left on top, was issued until the 1960's. What characteristics do you look for to determine the date of issue ?
    To respond to your question about the Civil War medals, apart from the ribbon there is no difference. I have heard the same thing regarding the colour, however it is just accepted the medals without the brass catch are just earlier production. The same manufacture made the same medal up until about 1958-59. It is estimated they made around 20 million of these medals, hence why you can still get them in their original box with the original wax paper. When these where cheap a few years back i bough up 5 or 6 and they are still sitting in their boxes like they where in the 50s.

Morris

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast