Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

?

Thank you.
    Will do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

Default M26 trubia Con Ala

?

Default Falange Flag

My latest Falange party flag

Spanish Falange Party Standard

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

Just a few pics of the updated collection....

?

Default Spanish Infantry Buckle King Alfonso XIII

My latest acquistion........

LINK: Spanish Infantry Buckle & Gala Belt Alfonso XIII era

?

Excellent collection Al!!
    Just so you know, When I'm surfing the militaria selling site's and I see a Spanish item I think would look good with my M26. I check what you have posted to compare!!
    You have become my Spanish reference and I thank you!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil, I'm so glad my senseless obsession is useful to someone. It's really all about sourcing. If you are looking for anything in particular just pm me and I'll be glad to point you in the right direction.

Regards, Al

?

No thank you Al, You helped me with my Eagle search. There is nothing in particular that I'm searching ' for, But at times when I run across something that I think would look Good next to my helmet. I know I can log I here and do a search and see if it's a match with something you posted. I appreciate the offer.
    Take Care and Stay Safe.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 07-09-2020 at 05:37 AM. Reason: correcting mistakes I made while posting from my phone

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I received several pins in the mail today but I want to discuss the Blue Division Lapel pin. As soon as I opened the package and looked at the pin I knew that something was off, but having only see one other example that I own I had to make a side by side comparison. The dimension and shape of the badge on the left that I just got are different form the one I own on the right. The new one is smaller, has less detailing, and has cruder enamel than the other one. It also has raised surfaces on the letters, arrows and cross whereas the other one has a smooth finish. I chalked it up to differences in manufacturers, different time period, etc. After all the Spanish were not as meticulous as the Germans in regulating conformity when it came to military badges and such. The pin is quite small and actually looks great to the naked eye, at least my 55 yr old tired eyes, it's the close up photography that exposes the flaws.

But then I put on magnifying glasses to look for markings and saw what was so glaringly obvious and yet I missed it when I bought it. The swastika is backwards I can't imagine any scenario where an original badge would have the swastika backwards, unless it was made by Buddhist Monks, so I have to assume it's fake. It didn't cost much and it's a lesson learned I suppose. All comments and opinions welcome.

Hi!

As long as I know there`s no period Blue Division pins, all were made after the Division left Russia and come back to Spain, I`ve seen even german made pins & stickpins but unfortunately only have one by now, a spanish made one, maybe from the 60s or 70s, they were made well into the 90s as veterans from the division were still alive, both yours are from the 40s to 60s IMHO and they are beautiful!

Regards

Nacho

Here is mine, (sorry for the blurred pics, the pins are stored and I can`t make new photos at the moment), it´s not enameled but painted, also very crude as your second pin, my guess is from the 50s to 70s,one more thing, the fact that the swastika is turned on your second pin is don´t mean necesarily that is a fake, I saw spanish made copies of german medals & badges where the swastika is that way and are legit, just some people are not very careful I guess.

I post too some of my Spanih pins, Falange, SEU (Falange Universitary Milicias), etc.. Hope you liked them

Regards

Nacho
    Last edited by nachomenorca; 07-25-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast