Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

Very nice items! I like specially those pins & badges related to Aviacion popular, as said before is not easy to get this stuff!

Regards

Nacho

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

Default Republican Carabineros Officer Visor

My latest acquisition is this Carabineros Officers Visor of the Republican faction. The Carabineros were essentially an armed civilian Police force that fought on both sides of the Civil war but primarily with the Loyalists. The cap appears period correct except for the chinstrap which is a new replica. The insignia are 100% authentic. The green material matches very closely to the material on my Carabineros sidecap. The visor bill looks old and has some crazing but I had my doubts because most civil war era cap bills are made from the same material as the cap itself. I still believe it could be good based on some period police caps. The piping also compares favorably with my other Republican Infantry Officer's visor. Period photo's are hard to come by with enough clarity to be 100% convinced. Here are some nice comparison photo's.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

I found this great photograph online of a cap similar to mine as used by a Republican Carabinero during the civil war. While it helps authenticate my Infantry Lt cap it does not help the case of my new green cap. I'll keep looking......

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

I know it's a bit of a stretch but I found a period photo that shows this type of police cap with a hard bill in use during the civil war. I could not magnify the photo from the internet so a grainy screen shot will have to do. You can see the similarity.

?

Default Victory Parade Sash

My latest acquisition arrived from Spain, a civil war parade sash. While these are very common, this one came complete with presentation box, labels and even the original tissue paper. Worn by officers who fought under Franco during the civil war. These were used at parades and galas on the dress tunic and saw use well into Franco's regime. The standard service tunic could be transformed for a gala by adding epaulets, a brocade belt, a ceremonial dagger and this sash as shown on the uniform below.

CREDIT: Rathbone Museum

Aldo: You really have achieved a fantastic example, its conservation is perfect, the box, the packaging, everything.
    At the end of the 70s and 80s, I remember that it was the most striking, along with the decorations, of the military officers in the parades, solemn acts and in religious processions in my city.
    The Clasp 1936-1939 looks amazing

Santi

PS. You know that officially stopped being used in 1989, by government decision.

?

Thank you Santi, I assumed it was used into the 60's maybe 70's. I had no idea it lasted so long. Here is my tribute to the victors of the Civil War using a portion of my collection.

?

WOW! and they keep going on.

Impressive exhibition Al. It's a fantastic selection of objects. There are not many collections like this, and the state of conservation is excellent. I love this photo.
    Santi

?

So let me preface this post by stating I have no interest in reproductions other than for learning purposes. I just received this reproduction Condor Legion or Nationalist tanker beret from Spain with the hope that at least the skull might be real. It turned out to be a copy which you can read about in the link.

Fake Danziger Skulls

I usually dispose of reproductions immediately but in this case I secured a small obscure spot in my collection as a place holder for the real thing. I'm hoping that in the future I may find a real one to take it's place, wishful thinking

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast