Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

?

I had to gather up all the small Spanish items I've picked up and dedicated a case to them in my very limited display area. Here they are all together, sans the caps & flag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

My latest addition to the collection is this Spanish Universities Union Falange Cap, (Sindicato Español Universitario = SEU) The cap has no markings inside so It's hard to date but it does resemble the 1941 University Militiaman cap in the Osprey illustration below. The difference being that the swan on this cap seems smaller and lacks the usual coloring in the checkerboard sign. All comments and opinions are welcome, Thanks Al.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Here it is displayed with my other caps !

An extremely nice diverse collection of items Al. Well done! 😀 Best regards.

Brian

Here detailed photos of the "Victory in Bronze" decoration of the S.E.U (Sindicato Español Universitario) instituted in 1952.
    Blue ribbon for Military Merit.

?

Very nice medal ! Any idea what the letters stand for aside from the "V" for victory ?

?

Default Civil War Medal

I wanted to revisit post #30 - #34 where Morris was kind enough to provide me with reference photo's and a method of identifying the approximate issue date of the Civil War medals. I discovered another identifier that may help future collectors with this medal. A reference was made on a website regarding an early version of this medal as having a torch at the twelve o'clock position. At first I didn't see it but upon closer inspection I can see the torch between the words which is absent on both of mine, hence they are of a later issue date.

In this picture from the website you can see the torch symbol between the words ARRIBA & ESPANA

Here are my two, absent the torch symbol

This also afforded me the opportunity to inspect mine closer and noted that the one on the left has much nicer detail, crisper, painted better and just overall better quality. I also noticed details I had missed before like the M26 helmet con Alla (With Wings) on the bottom below the crest and the yoke and arrows. On the flipside I noticed the Dragon being Defeated by the Lion has the communist hammer & sickle symbol on its wing. All details I had previously missed.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Very nice medal ! Any idea what the letters stand for aside from the "V" for victory ?
    Yes . The medal has the letters of the word Victoria (VICTOR) a Roman symbol. "With this symbol you will conquer"

. This same symbol is in the 1936-1939 Campaign medal.

- - ------- - -

I wanted to revisit post #30 - #34 where Morris was kind enough to provide me with reference photo's and a method of identifying the approximate issue date of the Civil War medals. I discovered another identifier that may help future collectors with this medal. A reference was made on a website regarding an early version of this medal as having a torch at the twelve o'clock position. At first I didn't see it but upon closer inspection I can see the torch between the words which is absent on both of mine, hence they are of a later issue date.

In this picture from the website you can see the torch symbol between the words ARRIBA & ESPANA

Here are my two, absent the torch symbol

I know. The "torch" is called by the collectors of "Diamond" the manufacturer's brand for the type 1 medals. (First issue).
    I have an article in Spanish with all the details. I can send it to you by email.

Lambert

?

Lambert, another symbol I missed on this medal, Thank you for the wealth of information on this subject.

Al

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast