Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

?

Default Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with Red Distinction (on the left), Spanish Blue Division Royal City Volunteers Cross (center) and the Blue Division Russian Campaign Medal (right). Based on my research of images they all appear authentic however, having never seen or held the campaign medal in person, its seems almost too flat / small, though nicely detailed. I've read all the other posts on the forum regarding the talons, etc . but I'm still not sure despite comparing images. Any help would be appreciated

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

These are the other Spanish Items I've collected this year. I'll post them in detail in the appropriate section of the forum. Feel free to ask questions or give opinions on anything you see. Thanks, Al

?

I believe the Top badge is a circa 1930's Spanish Universities league or Franquist Students League of the Falange Army Badge Not sure what the proper name would be. I've also seen them sold as Falange Army badges. I would appreciate it if any one can clarify the terminology

?

My favorites are the button hole lapel badges. Incredible detail on these small items. from left to right : Falange member badge, Blue Division Members badge, (Unknown) Blue Division veterans badge ? I'm not sure if the last one is period, post war or just fantasy. Either way the badge was so sweet I couldn't pass up on it. The insignia is right but have never seen an example of this configuration. I have seen the helmet with laurels and arrows on a stickpin, like the bottom photo. Anyone know ?

?

I am in search of this stickpin variation.

?

The cap is a Spanish Civil War Falange EspaƱola forage cap based on another excellent thread I read on the subject. As used by the Nationalist side. It's made of a felt material with an interesting purple liner.

?

I also picked up this excellent miniature Spanish Cross Gold stick pin. Most of the gold gilt has worn off the medal but stayed intact on the pin. Superb detailing !
    The Spanish cross was awarded to German soldiers of the Condor legion that fought in the Spanish civil war.

?

In my stick pin collection I also have a Condor Legion Silver Wound Badge. Easily identified by the old Stalhelm and swastika. This particular pin is large and very ornate compared to a WWII era silver wound badge seen upper left, top photo.

Very nice collection.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Very nice collection.
    Thanks, the scary part is I only started on Spanish items a few months ago. I love the new challenge because it's harder to find some of these. Also there is little in the way of reference material other than actual B&W photo's, some basic osprey books, and a few Spanish produced books with less than helpful illustrations. If anyone knows of more reference material, please let me know.

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast