Spanish / Falange items Spanish / Falange items

Spanish / Falange items

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish / Falange items
    P
    Many

Default Re: Spanish / Falange items

Nice items of a little known and emotive subject...even in this day and age, little spoke of in Spain....I like them ! even considered collecting Civil War/Falangist/Nationalist items myself....just in the middle of Beever's book, some horrific events took place. Thanks for showing !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Interesting militaria. I have only seen bits and pieces from these guys for sale over the years.

I've always wondered how the Spanish today view the years under Franco...are these items considered tabu in Spain, or are they collected there as well?
    Thanks for sharing your items!
    cheers, Glenn

JMM
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I've always wondered how the Spanish today view the years under Franco...are these items considered tabu in Spain, or are they collected there as well?
    Thanks for sharing your items!
    cheers, Glenn
    Hi Glenn

Yes I believe these items are a bit tabu but also collected (in fact that's what makes it even more collectable!)
    I believe that the "relation" with these items on the 4 countries that had dictatorship (Hitler, Mussolini, Franco and Salazar) in Europe in the 30's / 40's, is more or less the same. I guess few people in Germany will freely assume that collect III Reich memorabilia and the same in Italy, Spain and Portugal. The ideas were more or less the same and the 4 somehow "helped each other" - Spain was helped in the civil war by Germany and Portugal; Germany got help in WWII from Spain and even Portugal (there were about 120 portuguese volunteers in the Spanish Blue Division).
    I'm interested on the political youth movements in europe in the 30's and 40's and have always found them "conected" to each other (some items even look alike). Whenever I get the chance (and money...) I like collecting this items from the 4 countries (Italian Fascist Youth, Spanish Falange and Portuguese Youth items resemble a lot the ones from HJ).

JMM
    ?

New addition to the collection - a "Falange Española Tradicionalista y de las Juntas de Ofensiva Nacional Sindicalista" ID card, dated 1943

ASR
    ?

Hello,

I posted some of my Falange forage caps in another forum thread... You can see them there, also I explain the differences.

These items did not draw attention years ago, now they are becoming scarce, specially those of wartime manufacture. They were not really tabu, not in the sense of German militaria, but not very attiring or deemed unimportant for aged collectors who have lived during Franco's time (like Viet-Nam war items in the US some 20 years ago).

Some people destroyed these things after Franco´s death for fear of reprisals... which, of course were unjustified. But the real cause is that after 1975 many people felt fed-up with all militarylly or politically related stuff and simply threw them to the dustbin!

JMM
    ?

Another item - Falange newspaper dated 1939

Great stuff!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast