Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Speedfast's Collection and Display Update 29/07/19

Article about: Here's a little update on my collection. I lit my display shelf with some strip LED's and bought some cheap medal stands. I can't reccomend them highly enough. The war merit crosses are some

Default Speedfast's Collection and Display Update 29/07/19

-
    Hello again!
    Here's a little update on my collection. I lit my display shelf with some strip LED's and bought some cheap medal stands. I can't reccomend them highly enough. The medal stands create a clean and professional appearance.
    The war merit crosses are some of my favourite awards and I am close to completing the group. Very excited to have my first 1st class award.

-

I've added one of the hanseatic crosses to my imperial collection. This one was £50 which is a bit under the usual price so I had to snap it up.

I also decided to give some love to the allies and bought a variety of stars as well as a Monte Cassino cross. It was seeing this cross so much on the forum that got me more interested in polish history. This one is one of the unissued numbers. The majority of my family history is in WW1 however my uncle did earn the defence medal as part of his service in WW2. I would like to eventually create a replica WW1 set of my grandad's medals which would look good in a frame. Not sure if I should use original medals as they are all named.

-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Speedfast's Collection and Display Update 29/07/19
    P
    Many

A collection of quality pieces, all very tastefully displayed! Keep up the good work, you're building up a great collection of awards.

Interesting to note that the arrangement of campaign stars you have laying on the shelf would be correct for a Monte Cassino veteran, although it's worth noting that the Africa Star and Italy Star should be the other way around. My great grandfather received the exact same medal group. He was present at the fourth battle of Monte Cassino, although I will never know what he got up to specifically as he passed away long before I was born.

Regards, B.B.

That's awesome to hear! Glad you notified me about those stars, I've switched them around. A few of relatives on my father's side are unknown from around the end of the war. As they lived on the coast it is suspected that they were visiting american or canadian troops that became familiar with locals before leaving.

Speedfast2018,

You've curated a beautiful collection. Well done! Like you I have been thinking about replicating the awards my grandfather received during his service, but also his souvenir box. Unfortunately my Uncle saw it fit to sell the original grouping, aside from a few things that managed to find their way into my collection. I admire your choice to take that step and will look forward to hearing about how it turns out. Good luck!

Speedfast, very nice collection and display. Something to be rightly proud of

TWS
    ?

Nice display! Looks like you need a KVK 1st class without swords, but luckily they are not hard to obtain.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Good work!

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Very nice looking collection Speedfast, well presented.

You're off to a great start with your collection and you have it
    displayed very well.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Really nice. Congratulations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast