Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Sturmmann award display

Article about: Hello all, My mothers uncle was a Dutch volunteer in the 5th Waffen-SS Panzerdivision Wiking and had his training in Klagenfurt. He arrived at the front in October 1942. First serving in the

Default SS-Sturmmann award display

Hello all,

My mothers uncle was a Dutch volunteer in the 5th Waffen-SS Panzerdivision Wiking and had his training in Klagenfurt. He arrived at the front in October 1942. First serving in the 3. Ersatz-Batallion, Regiment ''Westland'' he was later placed in Stab II. Battalion, Regiment ''Germania''. As a SS-Sturmmann he received the Nahkampfspange (grade unknown but probably bronze), Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and the Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. He was killed in action on 23 September 1943 south west of Kutarschicka just 3 days after his 19th birthday. Katurschicka place is also mentioned in Hans Dorr's recommendation for the Knights Cross with Oak Leaves. Hans Dorr was his regimental commander at the time. In remembering him I bought the awards he received at the eastern front. I am still searching for the SS-Sturmmann collar tabs to complete the display. I also added information from the Deutsche Dienststelle and a picture of him with soldiers from his platoon. My great uncle is on the far right of the picture with the machine gun belt around his neck. Hope you guys like it!

The Nahfkampfspange in bronze is maker marked F&BL. The Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse is maker marked ''65'' by Klein & Quenzer. The Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is maker marked by Fritz Zimmermann.

SS-Sturmmann award display SS-Sturmmann award display

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Sturmmann award display
    P
    Many

Very nice!
    It is really special to have something from family.
    My Panzer Collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)