Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stuff from my relatives

Article about: After some time I was able to finish the family wall. Still have many pictures and a Arbeitsbuch that I didnt include as these relatives were too distant for me to add like a picture of my g

?

Default Stuff from my relatives

After some time I was able to finish the family wall. Still have many pictures and a Arbeitsbuch that I didnt include as these relatives were too distant for me to add like a picture of my great great grandfather in husaren uniform from ww1 or the cost of the UV- proof glas being to high for only displaying a Arbeitsbuch. I only made an exception if I have medals from a rather distant relative or family member that I want to display.

Information:

Big frame on the left: Great grandfather that was a sniper with a 4x scope in a Jäger bataillon. Joined the war at the end of 1943 as a 17 year old and was stationed in southern france in Nice. Took part in anti partisan Operations there. When Operation dragoon unfolded he was wounded by a shell which resulted in him losing his entire leg and having problems with the function of his hand in addition to shrapnel in his body until he died some decades after the war. I would recommend the book "Operation Dragoon Autopsy of a battle" which lists the events that unfolded in the area of Nice very well and in great detail! Was able to get a lot of information from that book.
    Medals: wound badge in silver

Long frame with pictures: Great grandfather that drove a truck in various supply units of the 11th and 116th panzer division including some time in stab 2 bataillon pz gren rgt 110. The pictures are probably from 1941/1942 and shows the truck (the one on the far left) he drove painted in what looks like a two tone camo.
    1941-1944 with the 11th and from 1944-1945 with the 116th panzer division.
    Medals: KVK 2 Klasse with swords, Ostmedaille (could be more as I only have a picture from 1943 to see what medals he had)

ww2 Frame with the EK: great great grandfather that fought in Lapland and later died of blood loss during the defence of east prussia. The group picture shows him and his comrades in Lapland. After he arrived from lapland he died within 2 months in east prussia. Both medals were awarded in these 2 months.
    Medals: EK 2 class, Infantery assault badge silver

ww1 Frame: The iron cross on the right is from an unknown relative of the ww2 Frame EK grandfather. The picture, book and medals are from my great great great grandfather (altough I am not related to him) who fought primarely on the eastern front during ww1.

Maybe in the future I will add another row of frames for all the other relatives that I have not included from which I only have pictures.

Stuff from my relatives
    Stuff from my relatives
    Stuff from my relatives
    Stuff from my relatives

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stuff from my relatives
    P
    Many

Hi Anon.

What a fantastic display that honours your relatives. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Kind regards,

Will.

Anon,

This is one of the best displays I have seen in sometime..

Well thought out and presented

Smitty

Very nicely displayed Anon. I can also recommend Jean-Loup Gassends book, it is a tour de force of an account and worth the money for the years of research he had done on the fighting around Nice. Beautifully displayed.

Fantastic display, honouring your family, thank you for sharing.
    Paul

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Anon,

This is one of the best displays I have seen in sometime..

Well thought out and presented

Smitty
    I second that!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great display Anon

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

?

Great display. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.