Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

sunlight and natural light.

Article about: Hey guys, we all know displaying in direct sunlight is a huge NO .... NO..... NO.... in this hobby. My question is , does that mean all natural light? I have a small display case in my bedro

?

Default sunlight and natural light.

Hey guys, we all know displaying in direct sunlight is a huge NO .... NO..... NO.... in this hobby. My question is , does that mean all natural light? I have a small display case in my bedroom. I just got it and I am still trying to arrange..... it sits in the corner of my room, no direct sunlight hits it, however light dies fill the room. Is this just as bad? I have a fez and few cloth items in there now. Here is picture taken at around 11:30 a.m. I am just thinking I might pack it all back up until I can get a collection room. Thanks guys.

- - Updated - -

crap, picture loaded sideways, could an admin please rotate!!!!! :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sunlight and natural light.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement sunlight and natural light.
    P
    Many

Default Re: sunlight and natural light.

you can always put shades down during the day or using blinds and direct the light towards the ceiling or the floor

I think you'll be alright as long as it's not being hit by direct light, you haven't gotta keep your collection in a crypt....Really nice display case you've got there an' all.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

No problem as long as it is not in direct sunlight. Good display case but I would stand it upright.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

lol@ jerry...I have no idea why it uploaded sideways,I did ask for tip up, LOL :-)

I agree. If your collection is getting a good blast of direct sunlight everyday then colors are going to fade (technically known as photodegradation ) I have heard also that red items will fade the fastest for some reason, so hold on to your fez! But if you just keep an eye on it and keep them protected your collection should be fine