Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...

Article about: My "haul" this year was a bit modest compared to most past shows but it was nonetheless a great time. I tried for one item that would have easily doubled my expenditure but was &qu

TWS
    ?

Default The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...

My "haul" this year was a bit modest compared to most past shows but it was nonetheless a great time. I tried for one item that would have easily doubled my expenditure but was "outbid" in that I made an offer and let it stand only to be eclipsed by another collector who agreed to pay full price. No doubt a familiar tale to many of us.

First is the American items. I managed to obtain an absolutely beautiful enlisted visor cap by itself and then an Ike jacket with shirt and tie to a sergeant in a tank destroyer battalion that is also in super nice shape. Neat in that the G.I. had also sewn his Ruptured Duck and his tank destroyer unit patch to the shirt. These are some quick photos taken with my phone, so I apologize in advance.
    The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

And the German items. The centerpiece is a lovely Eickhorn Heer officer dagger complete with portepee and hangers that are all original to each other. The dagger reportedly belonged to an Erwin Zollez (interestingly more of a Hungarian name it seems) It came out of the woodwork in 1992 when it was obtained from his widow Johanna who stated he wore it at their wedding on April 27th, 1941. Of course, I'll try to research him when I get time. The dagger scabbard and fittings exhibit a lovely untouched dark patina and the blade is superb. This is how I love to find them. I was also fortunate to ferret out a really nice set of super late pink-piped enlisted shoulder straps that I found by accident. Again, please tolerate the photos taken quickly with my phone.

The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...The TWS 2021 MAX Haul...
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Very nice Todd. Congratulations on a great haul
    Regards, Al

Great finds among a Great time
    Congrats on the Hunt !!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wow that officers dagger is a jaw dropper. Great buys!!!

What a stellar haul Todd.... well done !!!

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images The TWS 2021 MAX Haul... 

Well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

TWS
    ?

Thanks for taking the time to examine my new goodies. I had a great time hanging out with MAP and Larry C and helping MAP spend his money.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

The Food stand was just as expensive ...and probably did alot better than most of the dealers at the show.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to examine my new goodies. I had a great time hanging out with MAP and Larry C and helping MAP spend his money.
    Yes you did. Once even reminding me that they took credit cards!

I remember you drooling over the Heer dagger. Examining the hanger marks, trying to talk down the dealer just a bit more....unsuccessfully if I remember .... But...You did well with that. It was a very good find. Fantastic blade and even better untouched patina on the scabbard.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The Food stand was just as expensive ....
    Guess you've never been to Yankee Stadium! LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast