Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

TWS's MAX Show Finds

Article about: I don't want to name this thread a "haul" as I used to do. My modest loot doesn't quite meet that description this time around. I was, however, quite pleased with my results. An ex

TWS
    ?

Default TWS's MAX Show Finds

I don't want to name this thread a "haul" as I used to do. My modest loot doesn't quite meet that description this time around.

I was, however, quite pleased with my results. An experienced and sophisticated collector had reached out to me in advance of the show and told me he was bringing something that he thought was right in my wheelhouse and he would give me first crack at it. We came to terms and this beautiful eReL Luftwaffe officer's white top became mine. Also before the show, I had a conversation with Larry C and told him that I was on the hunt for a nice Army dagger to expand my small assortment. Knowing that he would be in attendance to lend a hand and was bringing his copy of "Heeresdolche" would make this a smart time to shop for Army daggers. Larry was a prince and allowed me to drag him around the hall as we looked at quite a few daggers over the duration of the show. Kevin (don't know his last name) also graciously contributed his thoughts a few times. All of this team effort resulted in a successful hunt, not once, but twice. I managed to score a nice pre-war (1935-36) "slant grip" SMF with a portepee that appears to have been on there since day one, showing extreme wear on all of the high points. The patina on the dagger fittings and scabbard is top notch and the blade is really nice. The second find is another pre-war example. This time a "double oval" Eickhorn with type 2 cross guard (1936-37). Another one with beautiful patina and a super nice blade. Together this effort allowed me to really upgrade my small Army dagger collection. Aside from the purchases, of course I had a great time hanging out with a lot of great forum members who share my affliction.

TWS's MAX Show FindsTWS's MAX Show FindsTWS's MAX Show FindsTWS's MAX Show FindsTWS's MAX Show FindsTWS's MAX Show FindsTWS's MAX Show FindsTWS's MAX Show Finds
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TWS's MAX Show Finds
    P
    Many

Nice finds
    -TJ-

Superb Todd, I especially love that white top!!

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

?

Very nice white top erel. The army's are very nice as well. Congrats on great finds. Thanks for sharing.

Tim

Good looking cap and daggers, congrats.

You did good, Todd.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Love the double oval makers mark and of course the visor.

Thanks for Larry off my babysitting hands for a few hours. Gave me some time to find some treasures for myself
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Glad to help out Todd ...it was a bountiful hunt for you and for the group of us that did mostly well on that Friday.

Glad to help Michael out as well
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The cap is killer, congrats on that, and a couple of things for toasting marshmallows on too, huzzah

?

Great pick ups. Congrats