Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Ugly War Rooms?

Article about: Like many of you, I am literally out of space to display. To the point that every nook and cranny in my war room is filled. My collection has also spilled over to other rooms much to my wife

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Mark is the RPK ex Gulf War by any chance?
    Err, might be There was such a lot of stuff left just lying around you know
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ugly War Rooms?
    P
    Many

I cast my vote for Rene. Are we tallying votes here MAP ?

MAP
    ?

Quote by geelong View Post
    i have been a bit lazy with getting a bit of order with stuff as well. so i thought i would show some images as well..... do not no why some of the images are side ways.
    was meant to clean it all up, and shed the other weekend had it all planned, got some beers and all. but ended up heaving to many, and went to pub. got in trouble with the misses. so will try again..
    The problem i have found heaving every thing stacked and in disorder is that things get damaged. must get on top of it.
    Missed this one Geelong. Welcome to the Ugly War Room Club (or in your case it looks like the Ugly War Garage)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I cast my vote for Rene. Are we tallying votes here MAP ?
    More of a progressive (eekkk) "inclusion" club. Ya just got to be to full the brim and no free space to be accepted. No neat and tidy collections. Maybe we start a new thread for "best presented War Rooms"

I think Mark summed it up best "they are "lairs" entirely personal spaces from which the collector "operates" his collection and hobby. Anything too tidy would just be sterile, soulless and show gallery like. These are all true "mancaves" and in this regard ugly is the new beautiful."

But if I had to choose a winner, I truly think it is tie between Rich and Rene. Not a cop out. They are both true hoarder! I bet both of them do not remember everything they have.

P.S Still loving this thread!
    Last edited by MAP; 06-08-2018 at 02:51 AM. Reason: typo

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    ...I truly think it is tie between Rich and Rene. Not a cop out. They are both true hoarder! I bet both of them do not remember everything they have...
    I think true hoarders do probably know exactly what they have, but the fun is having to look for it and giving themselves the excuse to rummage through their collection.

?

Remember? That is what notebook paper is for. How am I supposed to remember the over 11,000 items of militaria that I have? Rummage through? If you do that you can not get everything back in the plastic bin. Look for something? That may take days. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

MAP
    ?

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Remember? That is what notebook paper is for. How am I supposed to remember the over 11,000 items of militaria that I have? Rummage through? If you do that you can not get everything back in the plastic bin. Look for something? That may take days. Rich A. in Pa.
    Now I really want to tour your Pile even more!

MAP
    ?

For those who can't see enough of Rich's stockpile from the photos posted on this thread you can check them out here......

Flea Market Finds

So can he! (lol!!)
    That is the notebook ... :-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I sometimes get distracted when I work in my home office...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ugly War Rooms?  

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast