Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unpacking Day Has Arrived!

Article about: Once or twice a year I pack way the more valuable items in my collection and store them in a secure location when I go on prolonged trips. It's bothersome and tedious but worth the trouble f

?

Default Unpacking Day Has Arrived!

Once or twice a year I pack away the more valuable items in my collection and store them in a secure location when I go on prolonged trips. It's bothersome and tedious but worth the trouble for peace of mind. The upside is "The Unpacking" aspect of this exercise. Today is unpacking day and I get to examine everything once again before I accommodate them back into their displays. This probably represents about 25% of my entire collection as I only pack away my SS caps, insignia and few of my favorite items. This day always reminds me of the scope of my investment and how much I love this addictive hobby. Unfortunately it also reminds wifey how much time and money I spend on it
    This time I decided to take photographs and share the images with my fellow collectors. Enjoy!

Unpacking Day Has Arrived!Unpacking Day Has Arrived!

Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unpacking Day Has Arrived!
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

This is great advice to everyone in this collection community. I also pack away my more valuable items in a secured location when i go away from home for longer periods of time. Even though my collection is a lot smaller and less work, it feels better to do so. Having more to unpackage and reposition is not a punishment afterwards
    A high end security system and good neighbors go a long way too! Unfortunately, this expense is the downside of sharing our collections here with other colleagues and thus the whole world.

?

It will be one hell of a liquidation sale if I ever decide to let it all go! I lose sleep thinking about it.
    Regards, Al

Looking good Aldo! And what is the best of this "unpacking" is like you mention, can examine everything once again.
    This is also good advice
    -TJ-

?

I wish I was your neighbour Have you considered a fireproof safe? A gun safe bolted to the floor is quite common in the USA I believe.

?

Vocht, I'm more of a pirate at heart. I like to remove the treasure and bury it elsewhere while I'm away. Anyway they would probably just cut my floorboards and take the whole safe.

Cheers, Al

Aldo, never tire of collecting and sharing your collections with us!

By the way...... I think you should invite your wife to dinner at a good restaurant ... from time to time

Regards
    Santi

MAP
    ?

what a joy to see! Beautiful Al!

I have a number of safes in the house...but no way I could get 1% of my collection in there! Helmets take up a lot of room! LoL
    Last edited by MAP; 06-30-2021 at 07:51 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I hear you Michael, you need a U-haul for all those sweet helmets!
    Regards, Al

?

Thank you Santi! We just came back from a two week vacation where we went to dinner at really good restaurants every night. While it cost a fortune to eat out some many nights in a row I justified it in my head as the cost of one nice skull and eagle set at today's inflated prices, LOL. Always thinking in terms of collecting.
    Regards, Al

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast