Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Very interesting skull

Article about: I picked up this interesting peice listed as a "masonic" skull for a very modest price. I have seen this pattern pop up and deamed a fake copy or a fantasy peice. However, this was

Default Very interesting skull

I picked up this interesting peice listed as a "masonic" skull for a very modest price. I have seen this pattern pop up and deamed a fake copy or a fantasy peice. However, this was purchased from a very well respected and highly regarded dealer, he does not sell junk. I know nothing of the free masons and I would like to learn a bit more of this skull. It does appear to be very old, obviously stamped and there are 3 small holes in which it was probably sewn onto a uniform or cap of some type. In my short search, I have not been able to find other images or much info on the free masons relating to insignia. Here are a couple pics..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very interesting skull   Very interesting skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very interesting skull
    P
    Many

?

ITALIAN, maybe?

- - ------- - -

or from the SKULL & CROSS BONES SOCIETY?

CBH
    ?

I had the same type of skull years ago, I never really figured out what it was.
    But I think it was either Italian or Masonic in origin.

Geb
    ?

Yale ....Archives......Bonesmen....Not York or Scottish Rites

?

Not Italian but probably masonic. I would have bought it too just for the look of it. I have a picture of one in my archives unfortunately I did not write down a description or where I found the image. Maybe Robin has come across one of these. He also dabbles in masonic swords and such.

Very interesting skull

Here is another dead end thread about the same skull

Death's-head - brunswick? Wer-wolf? Masons?

You can put yours into the same category as my weird large skull, not verified but interesting and perfect for a skull badge collection

Very interesting skull
    Regards, Al

My vote is the Oddfellows..... this looks very close.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very interesting skull  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Not Italian but probably masonic. I would have bought it too just for the look of it. I have a picture of one in my archives unfortunately I did not write down a description or where I found the image. Maybe Robin has come across one of these. He also dabbles in masonic swords and such.

Very interesting skull

Here is another dead end thread about the same skull

Death's-head - brunswick? Wer-wolf? Masons?

You can put yours into the same category as my weird large skull, not verified but interesting and perfect for a skull badge collection

Very interesting skull
    Yes it most definitaly fits right into that catagory Al. Its very interesting indeed, very large and seems very old. I should reach out to John and see if he can provide any more info. I'm really curious as to its history

I was suprised as to how big the skull is, for some reason I assumed it was much smaller. It doesnt appear to have had attachement pins, but havent really had time to study it yet. Here are a couple pics next to a busby and panzer skull for size comparison. I must say, I really do like this peice
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very interesting skull   Very interesting skull  

Very interesting skull   Very interesting skull  

Very interesting skull  

?

Yes, that's a big boy. It makes a nice display piece whatever it is. I display all my oddball pieces in one corner.

Very interesting skull
    Regards, Al

Cool display.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.