Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

War room additions.

Article about: This week I made two additions to the war room. One was a cheap E-bay self-assembly shelving unit. The second was a "bit more expensive" and a major purchase for me: A Feldgrau wra

TWS
    ?

Default War room additions.

This week I made two additions to the war room. One was a cheap E-bay self-assembly shelving unit. The second was a "bit more expensive" and a major purchase for me: A Feldgrau wrapper with white-piped insignia. I have only seen a couple of them previously - one of which is the reed green HBT wrapper featured in Pruett and Edwards volume 1. Naturally I consulted both Bob Edwards and Mike Pruett prior to making the purchase. The likely wearer would have been in a Panzergrenadier SPW equipped unit which never made the switch to meadow green Waffenfarbe. It is known, just as with black wrappers, that it was a popular garment and many soldiers that had tenuous authorization for such wear took it upon themselves to "organize" wrappers for themselves. I set the newly arrived wrapper up on a torso form and did an initial display on the new shelving unit - which I'm not content with and will modify until I like it. In addition to being able to display a few more bits of my collection, the shelving unit allowed me to take a lot of my books out of the home office and move them into the war room. That eased congestion in the home office quite a bit.
    War room additions.War room additions.War room additions.War room additions.War room additions.War room additions.War room additions.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War room additions.
    P
    Many

Love the wrapper Todd!
    Not as much as the black one though.
    Congratulations!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Very nice Todd. Now that it is nice and neat and well organized and with spare space you are no longer an Ugly War Room member...but I'm sure in due course you will be re-inducted
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Love the wrapper Todd!
    Not as much as the black one though.
    Congratulations!
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph! I love it because it is a great example of a (probably SPW platoon leader) armored infantry NCO taking it upon himself to showcase his "elite" status as a member of the Panzerwaffe.
    You've seen the threads on my black ones? Hauptmann in PR 35 and Oberwachtmeister in Sturmartillerie Brigade 279 (in addition to the Feldwebel on the mannequin).

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice Todd. Now that it is nice and neat and well organized and with spare space you are no longer an Ugly War Room member...but I'm sure in due course you will be re-inducted
    Please, just keep this between us, OK? But if I had turned around and took a photo of the opposite side of the room right now, my status as an ugly war room member would be instantly reinstated. In fact, I might be made a field marshal of ugly war rooms!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."