Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Well, it's a start....

Article about: Hello, I imagine this image will likely not excite the hardcore collectors on the forum but I love it so far! As I suspected would happen, I do really like the unissued Tropical insignia bei

Default Well, it's a start....

Hello,

I imagine this image will likely not excite the hardcore collectors on the forum but I love it so far!

As I suspected would happen, I do really like the unissued Tropical insignia being mint and all that but there is just something about my screwback and pin EK medals that have a real feel of attachment to the war and history.

Anyhow that's it stands at the moment. Dagger hunt next, should be fun!

Thanks to everyone who helped steer me away from buying more fake junk. Dave.

Well, it's a start....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Well, it's a start....
    P
    Many

Dave,

You have some impressive items. Any collector, hardcore or not would be envious of your finds.

Well done

Smitty

Well, as "a start" goes that isn't bad.

If you haven't already you should take some good detail pics and post them separately. That's what we do here and you will get a reaction even if just "likes" and you will add to the general reference data for others to study!

I began (albeit aged 13yrs) with a handful of broken/worn Stabrite cap badges from a mate of my Dad

Keep it up

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Great start of a collection. Anyone who aims for quality original items will never having a problem of reselling. (if you ever decide to).

Congratulations! You're certainly getting a much better start than I had, as my very first piece was a dirty, dusty Luftwaffe Rucksack that I found in a barn in Viernheim, Germany when I was 8 years old... Welcome to the Hobby, Friend!

Many thanks for replies guys. This is starting to feel more like a disease than a hobby!

Yeah Mark, I’ve already posted images on the forum so could get the green light regarding original items before buying. Can easily put up more should anyone request them.

I’ve found one of the first pieces of advice I received after joining the forum was to forget auctions and buy from dealers with a good reputation. Mario at Hiscoll has been great to deal with.

My young fella is starting to take an interest in the items which is great as they will be getting passed onto him someday. Hopefully he continues to enjoy them and they don’t end up on eBay!

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks again, Dave.

?

Yes very nice start. It's not the size of the collection but the joy of the hunt.

Thanks for sharing.

Tim

Very nice start and there's no fighting off the collecting bug when it bites, it gets worse but enjoyable, good hunting!
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

CBH
    ?

Better to have a small group of quality original items than a display case of fakes.
    Keep up the good work.

Quote by NZ Allblacks View Post
    This is starting to feel more like a disease than a hobby!:rolleyes
    Disease or Addiction are one in the same in this hobby. Great start and congrats on some nice finds

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast