Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

A word of warning!

Article about: Just a word of warning to those collectors that utilize the Ikea Detolf display cases. I have had these for displaying part of my collection for a number of years already and had a nasty sur

Default A word of warning!

Just a word of warning to those collectors that utilize the Ikea Detolf display cases.
    I have had these for displaying part of my collection for a number of years already and had a nasty surprise when I went downstairs into my man cave this morning.
    This is what I found.
    Ralph.
    I guess I have some cleaning up and some shopping to do this Thanksgiving weekend.

A word of warning!A word of warning!
    A word of warning!
    A word of warning!A word of warning!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A word of warning!
    P
    Many

Ralph...what the heck happened ? I don't use these glass cases anymore. Glad I got rid of them
    David

Quote by real steel View Post
    Ralph...what the heck happened ? I don't use these glass cases anymore. Glad I got rid of them
    David
    I have no idea David, I just went downstairs this morning and this is what I found.
    I live alone, and the cat doesn't even have access to my room.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I can maybe accept one breaking, maybe due to stress or something , but both ?

?

WOW!!! That had to be an eye opener when you went in or in my case a @#$%&*%# moment.
    It looks like the glass was broken from the inside with all the glass outside the case.

Something wanted out!!!!
    That's spooky

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by real steel View Post
    I can maybe accept one breaking, maybe due to stress or something , but both ?
    No, not both, just one whole, long side.
    Ralph.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    WOW!!! That had to be an eye opener when you went in or in my case a @#$%&*%# moment.
    It looks like the glass was broken from the inside with all the glass outside the case.

Something wanted out!!!!
    That's spooky

Semper Fi
    Phil
    There is some glass on the inside but most of it is outside.
    I just noticed something else, in this photo, you can see a photo on top of the case. There are actually two photos, the one that is not visible is the one closer to the edge. It is now laying on it's back and is not visible.
    I know that as soon as I try to open the door to remove the items to clean up, the rest of it is likely to fall out and I have to make sure to keep my fingers out of the way when I do this.
    Ralph.

A word of warning!

What a shame Ralph, at least it looks like all your items survived intact.
    Nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    What a shame Ralph, at least it looks like all your items survived intact.
    Nick
    Thanks Nick!
    I won't start the clean up until later today. I have to go out for a bit and I don't want to start something I can't finish.
    Ralph.

CBH
    ?

Ralph be careful when your cleaning it out , the rest of the pane might come lose.
    Hope nothing was damaged.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast