Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

Article about: Hi .... my father was on the USS Saratoga and always told me the story as a kid of his most prized possession . How he was in the radio room where he worked and heard a plane crash above the

?

Default WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

Hi .... my father was on the USS Saratoga and always told me the story as a kid of his most prized possession . How he was in the radio room where he worked and heard a plane crash above them during a battle. e went out and up the staire and saw a Japanese kamakazi plane that crashed into his ship but didn't explode. He ran out and took from the dead Japs body his Flag and a photo album he had. My Dad was very proud of this memento from his service to our country. I heard the story over and over as a child so I know it is true. I also took it to a local WW I museum in Katy Texas and they wanted it bad but suggested I take it to Japanese Embassy in Houston which I did . They went nuts over it and wanted me to return it to the family or donate to Japanese museum . They are the ones that instantly said the big signature is that of the Emperor. The photo album has family pics and letters from home. his medical prescription, pictures of mom . This is truly a one of a kind item. It could possibly be from the attack on Feb 21,1945, but I need help finding the ships log as I believe it will have mention of the attack or other ones where my Dad's story can be authenticated. If the pics are up side down I am sorry but I took them from my phone.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

flipping heck if thats original its a preaty cool set thanks for sharing
    Last edited by kingtigertank; 01-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.

?

Default Re: WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

Hi Pat,
    Please don't take offence at the following but there are a few questions surrounding this grouping as I'm sure you can imagine. I'll put my thoughts down and everyone can take them or leave them as they see fit.
    I'm curious that your Dad ran towards a potential plane full of explosives just after it crashed and took these items from the dead pilot?
    Where on the ship did the plane strike, the deck, superstructure?
    Was there any fire?
    If a plane potentially carrying a large amount of explosives crashed into a ship, would normal practice be to hose the plane down to prevent fire?
    The artifacts do not seem to be very damaged considering they were in a small aircraft crash which as a Kamikaze attack would normally have ben at some considerable speed.
    Why would a Kamikaze pilot be carrying a photo album which looks like Navy (?) to his doom, was this allowed?
    My instinct would be to run as fast as I can away from the plane crash, not run towards it and see if the pilot was carrying anything worth taking.
    The flag looks like a regular meatball flag with Kanji, I doubt it was signed by the Emperor, can any of our Kanji readers translate?
    A few of my musings, I'm sure there will be some more from other members but as I said, please don't take offence, it's quite a remarkable story and as collectors we would like to know what really happened.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

This is Pat R and I think u r full of it Adrian. My father was very honorable and the story he told was the truth. I was not there and neither were you. But I do know for sure the story my father told me, and as for the signature , the real Japs at the Embassy in Houston said it was his signature and I am pretty sure they would know. This piece is for sale by the way. Or does anyone know of a good museum or auction house to contact I would appreciate some feedback... Thanks Pat R

Why are you selling it ?? Your father risked his life to get hold of that

I smell a rat!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by pat r View Post
    This is Pat R and I think u r full of it Adrian. My father was very honorable and the story he told was the truth. I was not there and neither were you. But I do know for sure the story my father told me, and as for the signature , the real Japs at the Embassy in Houston said it was his signature and I am pretty sure they would know. This piece is for sale by the way. Or does anyone know of a good museum or auction house to contact I would appreciate some feedback... Thanks Pat R
    Pat R,
    I don't think Adrian is full of anything other than consideration for fellow collectors. My question would be, if this is so important to you, why is it for sale?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you Pat, as I said twice, no offence should be taken by my thoughts and I don't doubt your Father's honour nor the story he told you. You are correct I wasn't there and nor were any of us which is why there are questions surrounding the acquisition of any of the artifacts shown on this forum. I am voicing mine and I'm sure they are similar to many other members who read the thread. If no-one asks questions it would just be a show and tell forum, not a Discussion forum.
    I'm sure even you can admit that the story surrounding this has questions that should be answered objectively.
    A Kamikaze plane laden with explosives crashes onto a ship and a crew member of the ship rushes up towards the plane, rifles through the dead pilots body or parts thereof and retrieves the above items?
    Can you answer any of my questions above?
    Why are the items for sale?

looking at the photos why would he have photos of a submarine along with ratlings (know idea of the japanese for it)??

?

Hi,
    not taking any side in this but just out of couriosity I went trhought the web here is a link maybe helpfull
    Kamikaze Damage to US and British Carriers

ciao

?

Please also bear in mind that collectors will only buy the items in front of them, not the story behind them. You apparently have a Naval photo album and a common 'meatball' flag with kanji. I hope someone can confirm whether or not the Emperor's signature is upon it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast