Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Walking stick help

Article about: Honestly I had a hard time deciding where to post this thread so I apologize in advance if this isn't it I found this cane deep in my Grandfathers garage after he passed away, he was a PT bo

Default WWII Walking stick help

Honestly I had a hard time deciding where to post this thread so I apologize in advance if this isn't it

I found this cane deep in my Grandfathers garage after he passed away, he was a PT boat cook/machine gunner in the Pacific. The cane is made to look like a Kinhabu (Japanese Viper) and has the names of many Japanese cities written on it. I am inclined to believe he acquired this during his tour somewhere. I have been trying to find out more info about it but my Google searches come up empty. Does anyone know of such memorabilia and could pass it on? Thank you

WWII Walking stick helpWWII Walking stick helpWWII Walking stick helpWWII Walking stick helpWWII Walking stick help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Walking stick help
    P
    Many

The wood looks like guava. It's pliable and easy to bend. Guava grows plentifully all over the tropical Pacific and with that walking sticks made by craftsmen abound. Good chance he picked that up at what we call a tourist trap these days, could of traded food, cigarettes or what ever he had that a native craftsman wanted.