Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Zeppelin Collectibles of Mine

Article about: New members and die-hard zeppelin collector - I'll be posting items in my collection, genuine, repros and fantasy for your viewing enjoyment. ZEPPELIN COMMEMORATIVE BADGE LUFTFAHRT FRIEDRICH

Smile Zeppelin Collectibles of Mine

New member and die-hard zeppelin collector - I'll be posting items in my collection, genuine, repros and fantasy for your viewing enjoyment.
    ZEPPELIN COMMEMORATIVE BADGE LUFTFAHRT FRIEDRICHSHAFEN-SCHWEIZ-BAYERN-WÜRTTEMBERG-OESTERREICH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zeppelin Collectibles of Mine
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome.

Not an area I know anything about so looking forward to seeing what you have.

What can you tell us about this one?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Zeppelins have always fascinated me, but I don't own any of their collectibles. Just have never come across any in person, and always been too wary of repos to buy online (since I don't know enough about the items). I look forward to ogling your collection though! Like Michael asked, I am also curious to know more about this piece, please.

-Robyn

So far I can only give you the English translation "AVIATION FRIEDRICHSHAFEN-SWITZERLAND-BAVARIA-WÜRTTEMBERG-AUSTRIA" as I need to do more research.
    I presume it's a commemorative celebrating a zeppelin flight but who made it, when & where I still have to find out.
    Yes, there are a lot of repros out there. Most items on eBay are undisclosed reproductions or outright fantasy pieces.
    I collect them also but only when I get them cheap.
    Some unscrupulous sellers on eBay artificially age their items.
    Friedrich Linden, Lüdenscheid (FLL) items are notorious for repros but they usually are easy to spot by the incorrect font in the FLL logo.

Quick shout out to Espenlaub Militaria - got my medal from them quickly all the way from Estonia to USA and it was exactly as described.

MAP
    ?

Quote by fwdixon View Post
    Quick shout out to Espenlaub Militaria - got my medal from them quickly all the way from Estonia to USA and it was exactly as described.
    The award above? or a different one? If different, please show it if you like.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    The award above? or a different one? If different, please show it if you like.
    The one pictured at the top of the thread.

Red face

Graf Zeppelin flying over Montevideo, Uruguay medal commemorating cornerstone of bank building.

Smile

German stamp - possibly a fantasy stamp but I like the way it looks!

MAP
    ?

Neat! Like the stamp (I don't know anything about stamps)

But this one does have it's own Wiki page (not that proves anything)

DateiR 1938 670 Zeppelin LZ 129.jpg – Wikipedia

Briefmarken-Jahrgang 1938 der Deutschen Reichspost – Wikipedia

Edit: Why the "smile" emoji is showing up in the middle of the URL......I have no idea........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast