Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Daf

Article about: A common Overhoff DAF but I have never seen the marking tilted like this.

?

Default Daf

A common Overhoff DAF but I have never seen the marking tilted like this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Daf   Daf  

Attached Images Attached Images Daf 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daf
    P
    Many

Unusual but a nice buckle Kirby and with variant catch
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben. The buckle is at eMedals. I just thought it was something I hadn't seen before. I have the same buckle with the normally seen mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Daf   Daf  

Dear Kirby,

A first for me, however I do so like the configuration of those markings. The style of the makers code marking has been discussed before on the Forum, as it is of course a little odd. An oval rather than a circle and of course, the striation between the M and the 4. I am sure that someone suggested that the eccentric style to the makers code marking was a result of O & C simply misunderstanding what the RZM required of them for compliance. A phenomenally important buckle of course and O & C must have been aware of the commercial ramifications if they inadvertently failed to mark the buckle, as per RZM regulations. For the buckle which started this thread, the two markings appear to me at least, to be hand punched or hand stamped, which I think is quite remarkable.

Dear Ben,

Just wondering why you think that the catch is a variant? Whenever I have seen this same buckle, by the same manufacturer and with the same style of markings, the style of catch is consistent.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Hello David. I thought you would find these marking interesting. Not much going on in the colllecting world, I am just looking for things to put on the forum. I agree with you on the Catch. It is normal for these Overhoff DAF buckles. It isn't what any other company uses on their DAF buckles.

All the best
    Last edited by kirby; 06-17-2020 at 12:42 AM.