Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DAF for Review - KH44

Article about: by Erno In my opinion, it's an original and probably rare early DAF buckle by Paul Cramer. The KH codes usually correspond to the M4 codes, and in this case, the style of the markings is nea

Default DAF for Review - KH44

I took a chance on this buckle. I could not find an example of it in the forum or in my Nash book but it is non-magnetic (nickel?) and did not show in any of the known fake resources I looked at. It is very reflective. I have only come across two of these and one turned out to be a known fake. Please take a look thanks, Joe C.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAF for Review - KH44   DAF for Review - KH44  

DAF for Review - KH44   DAF for Review - KH44  

DAF for Review - KH44   DAF for Review - KH44  

DAF for Review - KH44  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAF for Review - KH44
    P
    Many

?

josephc, The KH codes are a difficult subject, I wish I could help.. Others will reply..G

?

In my opinion, it's an original and probably rare early DAF buckle by Paul Cramer. The KH codes usually correspond to the M4 codes, and in this case, the style of the markings is nearly identical to those seen on later Cramer buckles, except the 'M4' is replaced here with 'K.H.' Unfortunately, it looks like the front and possibly the back have been heavily polished. The buckle might have been poorly stored (as evidenced by the damage to the prong and sleeve), which prompted someone to aggressively clean it.

The others will comment on the relative scarcity, but in my opinion, it's definitely and uncommon one.

thank you; I could see in the pictures I took that it was polished. My concerns with buckle is that I could not find examples of a DAF with this style catch or the KH prefix. Thank you for the insight into the buckle and lending support to its authenticity. Joe

?

Quote by josephc View Post
    thank you; I could see in the pictures I took that it was polished. My concerns with buckle is that I could not find examples of a DAF with this style catch or the KH prefix. Thank you for the insight into the buckle and lending support to its authenticity. Joe
    If you search for M4/44 DAF buckles, I believe you will find some of very similar style and construction. Yours is from the same maker, but earlier.

?

For example, look here:

Two slightly unusual DAF-Werkschar buckles

This is a nickel buckle like yours, although the condition is a bit rough! Notice the similarity in the markings and the construction, including the thin catch and the ears. Aluminum buckles by Cramer are seen pretty often, but on those, the catch is considerably thicker.

Now that I have looked at examples I see that the one I bought has been polished as you have said. All the examples are a dull finish. I probably should have waited for different one to purchase...

Even though it's lost it's patina i'd be happy to own it!...

?

Hello. The nickel ones are harder to find. Even highly polished it is worth having if the price was right. Here is a M4/44 with the original finish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAF for Review - KH44   DAF for Review - KH44  

DAF for Review - KH44  
    Attached Images Attached Images DAF for Review - KH44  DAF for Review - KH44 

?

I agree with Kirby. Even polished, it's still a nicely marked buckle in nickel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast