Become our sponsor and display your banner here

2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?

Article about: Hello everyone! I have these two daggers from an american vetrerans estate, he served in germany, probably after the war ended. One is a Heer dagger and the other is a Kriegsmarine. As i am

?

Default 2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?

Hello everyone!
    I have these two daggers from an american vetrerans estate, he served in germany, probably after the war ended.
    One is a Heer dagger and the other is a Kriegsmarine. As i am no expert at german militaria i kindly ask of help with determening if they are genuine?
    2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?

- - ------- - -

And pics of the Heer one.2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 daggers from American veteran, genuine?
    P
    Many

Hello

The heer dagger consist of some funny parts! Ferrule is from a landzoll dagger and the chain on it is from a 1st. Pattern luftwaffe dagger....
    The km dagger is the hammered scabbard style, but dont like all the rust on the scabbard! Normally they do not show rust like this... jmo.
    Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

The KM dagger looks good to me, the markings on the blade isn't rust but possible as a result of damp stored and residue has run from the pommel down onto the blade.

?

I can't speak to their originality, but I notice initials at the top of the Kreigsmarine scabbard which is a nice bonus.

Hi Jocke..I have a huge favor to ask of you ,,could you post the same daggers in their prospective forums above as it is necessary for a single study.
    Thankyou

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for all replies, i will put them in their right forums and hope i can get an answer there.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The KM dagger looks good to me, the markings on the blade isn't rust but possible as a result of damp stored and residue has run from the pommel down onto the blade.
    I agree that this is not rust which is specifically iron oxide ie oxidation of a ferrous compound or metal. It is a result of moisture/wetness contamination however caused and hopefully it will not have corroded the blade. We always say do not clean or remove patina but I think this is one of the exceptions where a light or penetrating oil should be tried initially..

I look forward to more discussion when these are reposted in separate threads.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."