Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 Vet Pick ups

Article about: These were part of the pile of TR items removed from the home of WW2 veteran PFC Leo G. Daignault and personalized by him I appreciate any info on them thanks Dave

?

Default 2 Vet Pick ups

These were part of the pile of TR items removed from the home of WW2 veteran PFC Leo G. Daignault and personalized by him I appreciate any info on them thanks Dave2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Vet Pick ups
    P
    Many

Some very nice knives. Great pick-up!

CBH
    ?

Hey David , More great finds , a Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger (Paratrooper) Gravity knife , a Luftwaffe Combat knife and two K-98 combat bayonets with Frogs which are a bonus . You should check the upper part of the sheath for serial # and see if they match the bayonets . The Gravity knife is a super find , any TR or US collector would Love to have this in there collection . It should stay with the combat knife , together personalized like that they are an incredible find . Thanks for sharing .

The time frame is right for the 90th to be in Brest. I believe they landed at Utah beach then went west to Brittany. Very nice finds.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

The paratrooper knife is fantastic. It is the first model "non" take down version. Excellent condition. This one has obviously been used. Some people prefer the pristine blades. But I prefer ones that were actually used.

Warning: Be VERY careful with the lever. This is attached to a leaf spring. They are fragile and can snap. So enjoy using it once or twice then stop playing with it otherwise....you will get
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

OK....Dave...

I got something I want to show you...It's a million to one shot..but in seeing the regions / countries on this knife and seeing WarBuffs comment about the 90th I'm seeing a bit of a tie in. The capture papers also list two helmets that are missing.

I see you live in New England. I live in NYC area. This helmet recently found it's way to me (from a local dealer who generally sources his stuff from the North East).

We do not live that far apart...so is it possible this is one of the helmets? (Look at the helmet and you'll see what I'm talking about. ) Doubtful but you could always wonder...

2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups2 Vet Pick ups

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

I think what he meant by missing is more likely "haven't surfaced yet" . It a great find and I think it was undisturbed till they contacted David . But you never know .

MAP
    ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    I think what he meant by missing is more likely "haven't surfaced yet" . It a great find and I think it was undisturbed till they contacted David . But you never know .
    Yes, I know....but if they don't turn up....it's nice to dream... LoL!!!

?

I am quite certain that none of the items in the entire lot have ever been out of the attic until 2016 and the attic is empty now. As I was not involved in the clean out (some one was hired to) I would not rule out contractor theft, as many around here in that business are very shady people.Missing items on the capture papers include 2 firearms,2 German helmets,binoculars.I do believe those items will not surface.I do feel we may still find more insignia or medals as these seem to be all over the home in baggies and small boxes.Many thanks to all who have commented,Dave

CBH
    ?

Also over the years he might have gave away or sold a couple items , after all the capture papers only say he had them in the 40's . Firearms , helmets , and binoculars have a widespread appeal and were always a valuably commodity , while insignia historically much less so . But I do hope they turn up . Having been involved in the antique business , I might suggest checking the rafters in the basement , a poplar hiding place . As always looking forward to seeing what turns up next !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast