Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger

Article about: Hello to all, Here is the Alcoso Diplomatic dagger of my good friend Pat. Complete with its rare hanger and in splendid condition, The + : wonderful pommel and grip condition / complete with

Default ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger

Hello to all,

Here is the Alcoso Diplomatic dagger of my good friend Pat.

Complete with its rare hanger and in splendid condition,

ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger

The + : wonderful pommel and grip condition / complete with portepee and rare hanger

THe - : silvering lacks slightly on scabbard rings / blade has a few stains

Overall a spectacular piece !

Any opinion most welcome

K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    P
    Many

Very nice, and as you say a Diplomatic dagger and not the sometimes confused with Government Officials dagger. The silver hilt fittings display nicely the factory issue tarnished silver effect. The hanger in gold wash fittings however is not a match for this dagger, which should have silver metal fittings. This gold hanger should be paired with either the rarer Diplomatic dagger is gold plate, or the Government Officials dagger in gold plate (there was also a silver version). Troddel cord seems a bit long too, but I'm being picky.

Is a real beauty. So many ornate daggers made back then. Certainly enough variations for the collector today. Thanks for sharing.

?

I know nothing about them other than the basic to ID one.
    I have to say I love the grip panels on this one.

Congrats to your friend Pat!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Is there a reason why Im seeing what appears to be signs of weld and metal discoloration that comes from it?

Hi heat weld will discolor the metal.

Areas of concern are the scabbard bands and eyelets and where the blade meets the lower guard. Take a 2nd look Gents since this dagger was posted for discussion and see what your thoughts are.

Great and precise Photos Kurt very clear

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Is there a reason why Im seeing what appears to be signs of weld and metal discoloration that comes from it?

Hi heat weld will discolor the metal.

Areas of concern are the scabbard bands and eyelets and where the blade meets the lower guard. Take a 2nd look Gents since this dagger was posted for discussion and see what your thoughts are.

Great and precise Photos Kurt very clear

Regards Larry
    A very nice dagger I think that I can see what Larry is referring to. Which I'm fairly certain is some repair work with the upper band (better pictures /lighting most likely needed), the lower one at this moment unknown. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger  
    Last edited by Frogprince; 04-19-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Fred what do you make of the grey metal next to the oakleaf scabbard ring band? Why is the silvered finish missing close to the oak leaf band? Is it a reaction to different metal type or could it be heat damage?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Fred what do you make of the grey metal next to the oakleaf scabbard ring band? Why is the silvered finish missing close to the oak leaf band? Is it a reaction to different metal type or could it be heat damage?
    Hello Anderson, I'm just guessing here but it could be heat along with a reaction to some kind of solder flux. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger  

Thoughts on this also where the blade meets the guard?
    Do you see the discoloration ?

ALCOSO Diplomatic Dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Thoughts on this also where the blade meets the guard?
    Do you see the discoloration ?
    I'm not certain, but maybe a thin leather washer and some discoloration around the edges? Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast