Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Boot Knife / Fighting Knife Puma Solingen - Fabrikmarke - Spear Point Blade (Daggerblade)

Article about: Hi there, I would like to introduce you to one of the well-known German combat knives from Puma Solingen. These knives are available with three different logos and two different blades. Here

Default Boot Knife / Fighting Knife Puma Solingen - Fabrikmarke - Spear Point Blade (Daggerblade)

Hi there,

I would like to introduce you to one of the well-known German combat knives from Puma Solingen.
    These knives are available with three different logos and two different blades.

Here is the variant with the manufacturer's logo "Fabrik Marke Puma Solingen" and the Dagger / Spear Point Blade.

Boot Knife / Fighting Knife Puma Solingen - Fabrikmarke - Spear Point Blade (Daggerblade)

Here are some details of the knife:

The handle scales are made of Bakelite and are triple riveted to the tang.

The shock leather

The guard is made of zinc alloy.

The scabbard with clamp is typical of this model.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Boot Knife / Fighting Knife Puma Solingen - Fabrikmarke - Spear Point Blade (Daggerblade)
    P
    Many

In my personal experience, images from use with a Puma knife are relatively rare.

So here's a soldier in a trench on the eastern front with a Puma knife in his back pocket to complete the story.

Regards

A hard to find knife spacially in this condition
    Are you sure that the pic’s knife is a Puma?

Teardrop-shaped, curved handle shape and the thick quillons speak for it.

The Infanteriemesser 42 had a rather straight handle with a very fine crossguard.

?

That is a Beauty Sleepwalker!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

IMO, it is possible the photo shows one of these.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Raiph is right, looks a Union Zella knife

Hi there,

no i don't think its right...

The Puma knife and the picture dates to the period of the Second World War.

This is a WWI trench knife.
    The guard is much thinner but longer on the left and right and looks like this:

The photomontage doesn't really say much either.

Even in the enlargement, I can only see a smooth teardrop-shaped handle of the Puma knife.

Regards

?

I agree Sleepwalker, most likely a Puma knife on that first picture.
    I see a rounded disk guard instead of the curved angled ones of the WW1.

Another great post!

Ger

?

Hello Sleepwalker.
    Yes you are right in your original comment, there are 3 different markings on Pumas + one that has no marking.
    For the foureau, one can rarely encounter a ring at the level of the clip.
    As far as I'm concerned, I only saw one, but I wasn't quick enough to buy it.
    In any case I congratulate you on your Puma, it is a very beautiful piece.
    Phil.