Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

DRK Hewer, new to my collection.

Article about: Nice salty DRK hewer Ralph! I have owned quite a few of these Hewers and they are a lot of steel for their value. I guess you have a Klaas here, its has the lower scabbard fitting with the 2

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Great addition Ralph! I acquired one of these not too long ago, I like how your scabbard paint is still preserved from when there once was a frog, these were also worn with a blue and silver portepee but they are rare and expensive.
    Thank you!
    I like the effect as well, only problem is that my hands get dirty just handling the scabbard. Contemplating washing it gently.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Hewer, new to my collection.
    P
    Many

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Nice Hewer. I have one similar with the frog that is unit marked. They are a heavy duty force when you have one in your hand.
    Thank you!
    A lot of the frogs I have seen are unit marked, it would be nice to find one similar.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you!
    A lot of the frogs I have seen are unit marked, it would be nice to find one similar.
    Ralph.

I know that didn't come out correct. My Hewer is what is unit marked and not the frog. I got lucky and found one in good condition with the frog and like I say it is unit marked. The round oval on the back side is where mine is marked.

I added a photo of mine. Sorry it was the only photo I have handy that shows the unit marking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Hewer, new to my collection.  

Quote by Logictox View Post
    I know that didn't come out correct. My Hewer is what is unit marked and not the frog. I got lucky and found one in good condition with the frog and like I say it is unit marked. The round oval on the back side is where mine is marked.
    Oh, I see. Have you researched the markings?
    Is the frog marked as well?
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Oh, I see. Have you researched the markings?
    Is the frog marked as well?
    Ralph.
    Ralph I have never noticed any markings on the frog but to be honest I didn't break out a loop to inspect it. Never really thought about it being unit marked.

?

A lot of the frogs are stamped with a capital H and I seem to remember one with a B. I also have a leather belt with the same H so it may be a leather manufacturer mark.

I checked and my frog is marked with an H. Here are some better photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Hewer, new to my collection.   DRK Hewer, new to my collection.  

DRK Hewer, new to my collection.   DRK Hewer, new to my collection.  

?

I have a soft spot for these DRK hewers. They are very good looking items indeed

Regards, Lars

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Nice salty DRK hewer Ralph!

I have owned quite a few of these Hewers and they are a lot of steel for their value.
    I guess you have a Klaas here, its has the lower scabbard fitting with the 2 sidescrews.
    Klaas use 2 schrews, luneschloss didnt.
    Unfortunate the backplate has a crack, so maybe your willing to remove the backplates and see what logo is underneath them?

congratz on this addition!

Ger
    You are absolutely correct Ger!
    It is a Klaas hewer.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Hewer, new to my collection.  

?

Thats Great Ralph

Thx for Showing

Ger

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast