Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Early Teno EM hewer

Article about: I would like to share pictures of this minty Teno EM hewer. It has the low number of #0488 stamped on throat and on the blade. The knot signifies Technical Service. I waited a long time to s

Default Early Teno EM hewer

I would like to share pictures of this minty Teno EM hewer. It has the low number of #0488 stamped on throat and on the blade. The knot signifies Technical Service. I waited a long time to snag one as nice as this example.

Early Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewerEarly Teno EM hewer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Teno EM hewer
    P
    Many

?

She is a beauty. Nice score! These are meaty much like the RAD Hewers.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Great looking blade. What does the number "0488" represent?

?

A lovely set, this one rings all the bells and whistles!
    Exactly stamped in the same way my first Teno leader blade was stamped, when starting with a zero like 0488, the 0 has not been stamped on the blade but is on the throat.

Congratz on this beauty.

remembers me to post my Teno leader with leader hangers that i purchased last saterday.

Ger

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Great looking blade. What does the number "0488" represent?
    Thank you.
    The TN leader daggers and TN EM hewers were issued pieces and had a consecutive series of issue numbers. The earliest pieces had the numbers stamped on blade and throat. Later the blade number was etched. There are exceptions and overlaps. Low numbers have been reported with etched blade numbers, also a very few have been seen with the throat number etched. The lowest number I have heard of was 0004 which Wittmann had for sale many years back. The highest number I have seen a picture of was 10381, in a private collection in the Ukraine.

Congratulations on your find for one of the nicest examples that I've seen in a long time. Best Regards, Fred